Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As many of you know, I ride a rev 600 and now a f7. THis is my first ever cat.
I went riding this past weekend and logged about 200 miles.

Here are my thoughts on this sled.

Dislikes:

ski lift, way to much (however some susp tinkering and reading of the forums will fix that I am sure)
vibration....this definately vibrates more than my past twins..I can live with that though

Power, awesome fricken power
seating posistion , felt great
starting...this sled starts great.....it was minus 40 degrees celsius
wind protection, a hell of a lot better than my skidoos
looks, damn it looks sharp
power, did I mention that already...
handlebars...these bars rock
Gauges.....this digital unit works great till dark
handleing...other than ski lift, I really felt in control of this sled

I have a black cdn edition standard F7...after it sat and idled for about 15 minutes it seemed to really load up. It took quite some time for that to work itself out....anyone else experience this??

also...this sleds limiter straps have no adjustments, is there anything wrong with drilling some holes in the straps and adjusting it?

thanks
:wub:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hey

Seems to me you enjoyed your first little burn with the rocket....as for the lift and sharper turning, Try to loosen the rear skids front shock till the spring is loose...then crank it tight again till the spring stops moving...helped plenty on mine..

as for the Vibration, there was a post a while back about some sort of Vibe spacers for under the bars...Some other members may have the name available...I think this may take care of this problem too..If not, it will keep your hands warm in the -40...

Power is nice ! Did you run against any of the guys you rode with?

Still stock?

Later,
Captainkirk

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THanks for the tips Captain.
The vibration is no big deal.
I did race two 2002 polaris 700s.
One was a 144 and the other was an edge x.
No problem with them.
The first race I did was against the 144 in a alfalfa field with easily 18" of powder. I thought he would hand it to me pretty good but I ended up passing him pretty quick. He was pretty shocked!
It was fun.

I am still stock but not for long! :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
Drill extra holes at the top of the limit straps and adjust to your likeing.
tighting the straps is what will keep the front down,not taking out the coupler blocks.
put some straight rate springs from the sno-pro package on the front,the sled will
still eat the bumps and corner excellent

1 - 4 of 4 Posts