Hey Rake, how do you feel about these for a starting point:

YAMAHA : Apex- 900cc class
Nytro- 600cc class
Vector- 600cc class
Rage- 600cc class

DOO : any 500ss engine- 600cc class

POLARIS : 750 turbo- 800cc class
700 fusion- 800cc class

Cat is self explanatory as well as the rest of the sleds.

Also put chisels in the improved class..

Any feedback would be appreciated so we can all try & have half a standard for our races this comming year..............

·
Premium Member
2,611 Posts
makes sense to me...Apex-150hp,all other 600's-120hp.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Sounds like its fair enough to me. I was wondering how people would take it when I race my wifes Vector. It is in the ISR 500cc clkasses I think in the states. But on snow it does pretty good against an F-6.

·
Registered
11,320 Posts
Your classes sound fair, classed more by HP than CC, that 500ss is a 600 and thats where it should be, seen one here last year run in the 500 class kinda pissed me off, everyone should use the same rules. :div20:

·
Registered
23 Posts
I think you are correct for the classes for those machines. Should be based on HP and no weight considerations. Keep the topic going!

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Im think maybe some of use should get together for meeting to put idea`s.
for the area`s holding races be it on ice or snow all fall under one set of Nova Scotia
rules........So if you or me show up at a race then we all know what will happen
if it studed full of chisels or twin pipe,single pipe coated ,after market reed s
or 700 models with 755 cc engines etc etc.......it will cut down on the crowing, crying
and sore loser ...we all just want to race bottom line so we need guide lines that everyone can follow.......
Cape Breton Stock.............. :beerchug: :boxing: :beer: :drunk: :frech32:

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Dont forget to class the cat 660 turbo.

Not meaning to intrude but how others run there races is of great interst.

:beerchug:

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I agree with caper..if it' studded with chisels or picks it should be improved, but in it's own class, like single pipe,twin pipe or multi pipe.. and to what ever bore size your running.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Back to the good ole days.
Line em up according to horsepower.
But lets figure out a way to eliminate these guys running the improver's in the stock classes. :cn:

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Originally posted by Green_Meanie@Sep 18 2005, 05:13 PM
Back to the good ole days.
Line em up according to horsepower.
But lets figure out a way to eliminate these guys running the improver's in the stock classes.  :cn:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=880663
[/quote]
Ported "stock F-7`s " do hold a unfair advantage in true stock classes and it is up to
owners first to come clean or let us pull the y-pipe and be called cheat.........
Cape Breton Stock.......... :beerchug:

·
Premium Member
4,357 Posts
Hmmm wonder what class I can run with my turbo :smilielol:

Don't let the Cat out of the Bag yet Meanie or Caper....

Man its gonna be hard to enforce alot of these rules and very time consuming at first and it's going to piss alot of people off I believe but It would be nice to see the average Joe be a little more competive in the Stock classes instead of getting drilled by sleds that belong in another class... anyways enough of that..

I'm sure something can be worked out that will make it more fairer for all....

The Biggest thing is going to be getting enough volunteers to do the teching...

Maybe we should have a Cape Breton Stock class....OOps forgot that there already is one At the airport strip in the highlands ..... :lol2: :lol2:

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
We all have to face it that some sleds will able to run against bigger iron in 660 .
The hayday`s prove that ...bottom line is a guy line`s up his or hers sled clutched geared true stocker against a other sled the same cc ,he or her knows that they have a change on winning.It will bring the average guy back to racing not just the guy thats spends the most money to win STOCK........
Cape Breton Stock.................. :beerchug: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :celebrating:

·
Registered
924 Posts
The way it should be if you'r bring you'r sled to race have the Y pipe off when you get there an no problems. But things like after market reeds, head shaved, big bores with stock cylinders and clam shell over after market pipes (Preety easy to spot but alot of people do it). Will be the biggest problems. I will be more than Happy to help/volunter i'm not a member of any clubs just wanting to have fun fair races. Robert Mac Donald 1902 383 2762

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I agree with The Big Dog, have the Y pipe off. That way everyone should get put in the class they are supposed to be in.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Hey caper 711cc got your message

Still golfing can't get into sleds just yet, with this class thing I haven't done my homework on what classes these new sleds should be in . But it sure sounds like you guys have a good handle on it. Age old problem how do you find enough qualified help to keep races fair? My suggestion is pick one or two guys from each club that are interested in racing and come up with classes and rules you want to follow province wide. Also some kind of reporting system that lets all clubs know who was caught cheating or at least who is trying to sneak into the wrong class and who to watch out for.
Maybe even a province wide ban from racing for that person and sled if a major infraction. I know nice though but hard to enforce just like everything else. :frech32:

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
You make one post trying to enlighten your fellow sledders and impart some of my vast knowledge and your already getting bashed thanks Smash. No golf is alot harder than sledding smash you have to think in Golf I take it you don't Golf? By the way are they still making Polaris this year? HeHeHe :face_crash: :buttrock:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts