Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well im just a few miles away from the 2500 mile mark on my f-5 sno-pro and i am a happy firecat owner ! i have some small things go wrong with it, here is the list.
pv cables fell off (fixed)
rear suspension arm bracket broke (covered under warranty)
chaincase bearing ( covered under warranty)
kill switch fell apart ( covered under warranty)

that about sums it up ! i did have some things go wrong that i did and had nothing to do with cat .
i can say this ! cat stands behind their product better than polaris and yamaha ! i love this sled !!! :wub:

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
1700 miles on My F-5 Team arctic standard, Still on the original plugs and belt. Putting a new set of carbides and green hyfax this week. Rock On!!!

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I got about 150 miles on my stock F5..... No problems yet *L* :wacko: ...... I put some hand guards on last week and the brake side was a pain in the a$$.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
I just rolled 2000 miles yesterday and am very happy to say that with a little maintenance my sled has been flawless on the trails.My power valve cables came off somewhere around 1000 or so and but a good cleaning and a relube of the cables fixed that so far.I did find some chaffing of wires and cables ,but have since wrapped everything in splitloom.Nothing has fallen off and nothing has broken except one belt at 1000 miles, I did have to replace the Hifax at 1500 miles though :rolleyes: I

·
Registered
8 Posts
We have 2 F7's std. green. After 2000 plus miles on each, neither has had anything repaired or replaced except for the updates. Both sleds on original belts and plugs. Last trip avg mailage was 15 plus with little oil comsumption. After owning over 25 cats these firecats are by far the best! Just fun to ride!

·
Registered
47 Posts
800 miles on my standard F5. Only problem was the EGT sensor falling out of the pipe, which of course ruined any performance until I could get it back together. Planning on racking up 600 more miles or so next week. :)

S

·
0 Posts
800 HARD miles on my F-5 SP, no probs other then cables "fixed with a washer" and had to stiffen up the suspension. Man does this this Fly for a 500cc, I got 87mph on the 660' Snow drag ,Skis did not touch once today which is pretty good, last years ZR500 was only getting 82mph on race day and that was the fastest run for the 500's last year. I won a lot of money with that sled and hope to do the same over the next few weeks. The 87mph is with fat jets and the race clutching sitting on the shop shelf HA!!!

·
Registered
102 Posts
800 miles on my F5 and so far only problems have been 1 set of slides and the gummed up cables. Due to poor midwest snow conditions I got a late start and was getting nervous if I had made the right choice. All I can say is FIRECATS ARE THE GREATEST!!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
1000 miles on my f5 sp since the first of the year. I love the snopro package ride versus the standard package. Only problem was a brake lever lock (covered under warranty). Over all I give the f5 sp an A+!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts