Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok some stupid questions but here goes...as some of you may or may not know i bought a 600 for my 440 and how should i be going about adjusting the oil pump?is there anything the arm should be aligning with at idle or full throttle? and does it matter which carb the oil lines for them go to? one more stupid one...whats that line that goes to your case for? posibly from the fuel pump or what?

thanks in advanced

·
Registered
320 Posts
First the line that goes into the case is to oil certain crank bearings. The next thing is the oil pump from the 440 or the 600 motor different years had different ways of adjusting oil pumps some adjusted it at idle some at wide open some had marks for both I know that is clear as mud but first you have to know what pump that you have.last but not least no it does not matter which hose goes to which carb hope this helped and didnt screw you up any more. THINK SNOW

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nop thanks...so that line from the case should connect to where? and if it helps for the pump the engine was out of a 02 prox600

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
check out this picture. This is the line to the block. http://akracing.com/DSCN3497.JPG
There is also another line from the bottom of the case that goes to the fuel pump. It is a larger line.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea that ones a bit differant then mine, so that line that goes to the case it a fuel line? is there any reason for it? lol

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
No the line in the picture is for oil to the center bearing. There are five oil lines total. 1 to the center bearing. 1 to the pto (clutch side) bearing. 1 to each carb. and a supply line from the oil tank. There is one other line that hooks to the block it is not an oil line. it is called the pulse line and it goes to the fuel pump. You have to have it or your fuel pump WILL NOT WORK.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Maybe this will help.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ah ic ok thanks for the pics! now is there any lines to line up for adjusting the pump that im not seeing?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
To adjust the pump, there is a cable that lifts the oil pump lever when you hit the throttle. There should be a mark on the lever and a mark on the oil pump. Align one mark on the lever with the mark on the pump some are at idle and some are at wide open. You will know when you look at it. The cable has an adjuster nut, loosen the nut and turn the adjuster until the marks align.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so that horizontal line on that little peice lines up with the one by the spring at idle?\
thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts