Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Three years ago in souther N.B we had a good winter grooming started around the first of january and I snowmobiled untill the first of april because I remember going to the hill climb at poley which is always in april.

The year after that we had what we considered a bad winter we never got started untill mid January here in Southern N.B and the snow was gone by mid March in sourthern N.B. After last year winter in southern N.B which was more less nothing we would be happy to have a winter like two years even though at the time we thought it was horrible.

I dont remember this far back but according to chaleur club in 2001 in Northern N.B they never received enough snow to groom untill January 12 and they had a good winter.

Even though the last two years they were grooming up north by this time I say after this rain storm this weekend there suppose to get snow on monday and from there they will be wide for the rest of the winter. As for southern N.B it doesnt look promising but there's still hope as its only the 6 of January.

Hope this gives some hope to those who have given up.

2,329 Posts
southern nb season's have been getting worse (as far as cold & snow amounts) for sometime now, I groom the moncton side of the senbsa club,It's been approx 5-6 years since we've had good snow at this end of our trail system, the mountain usually gets enough to groom by now. last year was the first time the groomers didnt groom at all since i've been part of this club & unfortunatly this season doesn't look much better than last year . Without the ground freezing prior to snowfall we may get,the chance of snow staying on the ground for a long peroid of time is minimal ,brook's ,springs etc... will be tough to groom without some frost in the ground. I really hope im wrong & it snow's like hell this season :cn:

·
Registered
391 Posts
My brother-inlaw told me that the winters of 1981 and 1982 in New Brunswick were similar to last year and this one.
He was racing those years and remembers that there was very little snow and most sleds stayed in storage.

·
Registered
656 Posts
My brother-inlaw told me that the winters of 1981 and 1982 in New Brunswick were similar to last year and this one.
He was racing those years and remembers that there was very little snow and most sleds stayed in storage.[/b]

That's right there was no snow, but this was because we never had any precipitation as I don't ever remember it being this warm.

The early 80's were terrible winters.

LBD

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
I don't ever remember having a winter this bad....oh wait now...that is except for LAST WINTER!!??!?!?! :banghead:

But on a positive note, I just saved $3.00 a month switching to Geico! :div20:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts