Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think the seat is to soft. Anyone change there seat or have done anything to make it a little more firm.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
just vecro a nice piece of 7/8" plywood to the top of the seat. That would stiffen it up a bit. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
7,417 Posts
If you think that the f7 is to soft you should try a polaris ( i think pro x ) that thing is super soft

·
Registered
348 Posts
Originally posted by GF7PE@Feb 2 2003, 11:59 PM
weight is probably a factor here
Come on if Boss can make a firmer seat thats 6 pounds lighter the real issue is production costs..

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Just right for me and MY skinny 140 lb a$$, but I don't know about the next guy that is slightly more gravitationally challenged at 240+ lbs! -- Roy

·
Registered
269 Posts
perfect for me :D

·
Registered
202 Posts
:D ..I think the Firecats seat is perfect....but there is one thing I would have liked to see changed was if the rear storage in the seat was alil bigger...I cant even fit a Qt. of oil in the back....but other then that its perfect....cant wait to get mine back to ride..its been lightly snowin here all day...wanna go out and show those polaris riders around here how ta ride! :D

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
too soft for me, and pretty slippery
but other than that, the sled is as close to perfect as any sled i have ever ridden,
if you look hard enough you can find fault in anything, so concentrate on the good and you will forget about that soft seat!

·
Premium Member
7,417 Posts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QUOTE (GF7PE @ Feb 2 2003, 11:59 PM)

Come on if Boss can make a firmer seat thats 6 pounds lighter the real issue is production costs..[/b]
I meant that the weight of the rider plays a part. For me at 165 its perfect but for someone that weighs more it may not

·
Registered
534 Posts
If you weigh more, there should be more padding in your seat. . . lol.

(Like the softness for my skinny butt, but then again I often do 40 to 50% standup when shredding the trails.)

·
Registered
348 Posts
Originally posted by GF7PE@Feb 3 2003, 10:01 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QUOTE (GF7PE @ Feb 2 2003, 11:59 PM)

Come on if Boss can make a firmer seat thats 6 pounds lighter the real issue is production costs..
I meant that the weight of the rider plays a part. For me at 165 its perfect but for someone that weighs more it may not[/b][/quote]
Oops! :wacko: That makes more sense. I weigh 190#s @ 5'7" so I sit with jewels on the pad. I definately feel the transition from the seat to the tank. I'd definately like to see a firmer, taller seat!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts