Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for opinions on Socks for sledding

What do you find is the best brand / recommend etc.

Thanks

·
Registered
185 Posts
I use Smartwool socks....they are awesome...warm and keep your feet dry. I use them for everything, sledding, hunting, work etc.... The only time I was happy to get socks for x-mas! :smiley-faces7:

Cheers :beer_cheers:

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Wool. Itchy, but keeps you warm and dry. I got some 100% wool ones from Scheels. Pretty heavy, and a bit pricey, but worth it.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Wool. Itchy, but keeps you warm and dry. I got some 100% wool ones from Scheels. Pretty heavy, and a bit pricey, but worth it.[/b]
Get yourself a thin liner sock for like $2 then you are even drier, and no itch. I do the same.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Any merino wool socks from my experience work well. got a pair for $8 at dunhams that work as well as anything from what I can tell.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Any merino wool socks from my experience work well.[/b]
Agreed. One thing to look out for when buying socks is the actual wool content. I went looking at Dicks, and most of their Wigwam "wool" socks had under 50% wool. I found a pair in the 80% range, and I'm very happy with them. They are thick, and very soft inside, unlike 100% wool. They are so thick that they feel padded. I've found that I like them so much that I wear them around the house at night. Even when my feet get real hot, they never feel wet and sweaty. So far I've stayed quite warm wearing them snowmobiling.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I either where Under Armour "Cold Gear" socks that have some wool in them, or some Smartwool socks, Both keep my feet plenty warm and dry.

-Shane

·
Registered
76 Posts
Cabelas Ingenius series sock!

These socks combine an inner moisture wicking sock with an insulating sock into one sock. I use them all hunting season they rock! They come in three weights lite, medium, & heavy weight.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I have a pair of the Under Armour coolmax socks, think they are the ski/snowboard socks that are black/gray and red. They were about $16 at Dick's, go t my a wife a pr. in the woman's version also. I also have two pairs of the Klim socks as well, the Klim's were a couple of dollars more and seem to work the same as the Under Armour's. They wick away mositure and keep your feet dry and warm.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
I wear Burton Outlast Tech snowboarding socks. They're designed for intense snowboarding, so obviously, they work amazing !

·
Registered
513 Posts
I use both Klim and SmartWool....Not only do they keep me warm, but they are both very comfortable too...

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
I've found Alpaca socks to be the most comfortable and warmest.

·
Registered
2014 ZR8000lxr 19-20 mileage = 904.5
4,350 Posts
Uhm... you know this thread is 8 years old don't you ?

And ok, I'll bite... where do you find Alpaca socks ? Link ?

Steve

1 - 20 of 42 Posts