Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OFSC has to provide some clarification...

This is NOT good everyone making up their own assumption.

OPP like things very Black and White...

We need proper direction.

thank you... thats my 2cents.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I watched Fords media address and read the whole article. As far as I can tell.... I wouldn’t think were even allowed to ride anywhere now? Essential travel only, stay at home order, state of emergency. don’t think riding your sled would be considered essential ? Unless you could prove you were going to work on it?... or getting groceries. Lol. Sucks all around for sure! Our trails aren’t open yet in our area anyways... but still , buying two trail permits and ZERO riding so far.... makes me wonder ..... Now what do we do??? I don’t want a chance a ridiculous fine (or two if the wife comes).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
781 Posts
Hopefully It will put a damper on all the covid pricing going on now

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hopefully It will put a damper on all the covid pricing going on now
It’s crazy right?! It’s like people are pulling shit boxes out of the barn, that haven’t run in 3 years and taking a pic and listing it on Kijiji for a fortune!!! And some people are actually paying it!!! I’ve even seen a few that are selling there brand new 2021 spring order sleds for 2-3 grand MORE than what they paid for it!! Anyone wanna buy a bucket of steam or some blinker fluid??!!.... COVID pricing of course.

·
Registered
183 Posts
It’s crazy right?! It’s like people are pulling shit boxes out of the barn, that haven’t run in 3 years and taking a pic and listing it on Kijiji for a fortune!!! And some people are actually paying it!!! I’ve even seen a few that are selling there brand new 2021 spring order sleds for 2-3 grand MORE than what they paid for it!! Anyone wanna buy a bucket of steam or some blinker fluid??!!.... COVID pricing of course.
If you want a laugh click here. 2020 Polaris Indy XCR 850 | Snowmobiles | City of Toronto | Kijiji

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is crazy... I can’t believe how people will fall into over paying or being fooled to being a victim of fraud, it’s very sad.

I am totally for getting control of this rise in cases to help take pressure off our health care workers and for our citizens that are in need of health care in the hospitals It is available.

what I am frustrated with is the lack of clear communication for us to follow, if we are to stay home we are all to stay home, if I paid for a system I can’t use then I should be reimbursed. I don’t want to be the fool that does the right thing and stay home while others who don’t care about rules enjoy what I can not.

the OFSC has to make things clear, who can ride and who can’t and why... if trails are going to be in use by some and not others.

sorry for venting

·
Registered
7 Posts
I agree with you icecube. My buddy and I planned to go to his cottage north of Huntsville this weekend but I'm wondering what's stopping the cops from sitting on the 400 and stopping everyone pulling a trailer. It would honestly be better if OFSC closed the trails and reimbursed people. I can picture a bunch of guys trying to head north and ignoring the rules.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I’m sure the OFSC will provide direction to the governors and or clubs. they need time to digest get legal advise or ministry guidance. We are all in the same boat, I’m on the executive for a club, unfortunately a lot of the funds are already allocated and spent. Insurance, trail installation groomers, groomer storage, Fuel purchased ect. What haven’t the OFSC been clear On up to this point.
I think your frustration should be directed at the mixed messages we’re getting from our leaders in governmen.

·
Registered
86 Posts
So I was looking at the details tonight and it says stay home. Don't go to your cottage unless for emergency maintenance. I guess we'll see how long it takes the ofsc to make a statement.... Frustrating for sure.

·
Registered
2020 ThunderCat, 2017 ZR 6000 RS
1,221 Posts
I've seen sleds on Kijiji for $23k! Wow!! Did I miss that when sleds cleared $20k?? Before tax that is
2021 Yamaha SRX or TCAT are 21,999.00 plus freight, psi, tax and the cost of borrow. You're 27000.00 or more... ridiculous.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Another dreamer

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I’m sure the OFSC will provide direction to the governors and or clubs. they need time to digest get legal advise or ministry guidance. We are all in the same boat, I’m on the executive for a club, unfortunately a lot of the funds are already allocated and spent. Insurance, trail installation groomers, groomer storage, Fuel purchased ect. What haven’t the OFSC been clear On up to this point.
I think your frustration should be directed at the mixed messages we’re getting from our leaders in governmen.
Thank you Kevin... right now I am not overly concerned about the money, I am concerned that as said above, those that believe they are above the law get and take what they want... and us waiting for clear direction from the law to make things fair and hold us all accountable to it, are getting the shaft.

that’s my position of frustration and concern.

thanks for engaging in this conversation.

Cube

·
Registered
26 Posts
I thought I saw that the stay at home order applies to Toronto and Ottawa ? We are from Toronto but since the summer I have been living at the cottage as my primary.

if the stay at home applies across the province I will be kind of bummed as I JUST spent close to $1000 on trail passes just three days ago.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I found this article which says that snowmobile trails can be used.

Not sure I want to take a chance unless I see something definitive. In the spring I got an $800 ticket for letting my dog off leash in a park because off leash dog parks were considered an amenity. This despite the fact there were dozens of people walking in the same park.

I might call the OPP for an opinion.

·
Registered
Mxz 600 etec and 2020 Indy XC 800 129
78 Posts
Here's link to ctv news article.

"Can I go to my cottage or secondary residence?
No. The government says that because it is asking residents to stay home, trips to a cottage or secondary residence should be avoided, unless it is for an essential purpose like emergency maintenance."
At the bottom of the article is 30 page document on what is allowed. Under outdoor activities, snowmobile trails are allowed.

Nuggy, given your cottage is now your primary should be ok.
Those of us that go to cottage on weekends, well....

·
Registered
48 Posts

"Can I go to my cottage or secondary residence?
No. The government says that because it is asking residents to stay home, trips to a cottage or secondary residence should be avoided, unless it is for an essential purpose like emergency maintenance."
At the bottom of the article is 30 page document on what is allowed. Under outdoor activities, snowmobile trails are allowed.

Nuggy, given your cottage is now your primary should be ok.
Take the comment about cottage with a grain of salt. This is CTV new's interpretation, not a government issued statement. Within the guidelines provided by the government; cabins, lodges hotels and cottages are allowed to operate. It doesn't say anything specifically about private cottages or secondary residences from what I can tell. But my own interpretation is that if a commercially operated cottage can stay open, I feel comfortable visiting my own property - especially when i bring my own food. The only risk of any spread is at a gas station and ill just fill up at the same pumps i normally do. Luckily my cottage is in the same health unit as my home... so I'm not crossing any health unit boarders. Police won't be setting up any "RIDE" programs, be safe, be smart, use common sense and noone will give you a hard time/noone will get sick.

my $0.02

·
Registered
26 Posts

"Can I go to my cottage or secondary residence?Nuggy, given your cottage is now your primary should be ok.
I feel for you guys with cottages that you can’t go to. I had to go into the city but tonight will be going back up to beat the imposition. Hope you are right about me being OK. My cottage was never legally changed to my primary but if it goes to court my neighbours all know I have been there full time.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just called the Orillia OPP and asked about snowmobiling on trails. The constable I spoke with said they are still gathering information and trying to figure out what this all means themselves. She thought snowmobiling might be prohibited as it involves leaving your house but she did says she was uncertain.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts