Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every Nytro FX owner I ride with (5) has bent their subframe already. I know this may not be represenitive of the whole population so FOR THOSE WITH BENT SUBFRAMES ONLY: Please give us the date it happened and what made it happen.

IF YOUR SUBFRAME IS NOT BENT : DO NOT POST!!!!!!

Easy enough huh???????

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
so besides your 5 buddies, is yours bent?

·
Registered
205 Posts
I don't what you guys are riding on... I beat my sled hard. everything is straight and tight as the day I picked it up.[/b]

Mine too...... Look at the side of the ski in the pic. Obviously hit a fixed object, tree, stump etc. And hit it hard...... How is that the sleds fault? It doesnt matter if you ride a Yamaha, Arctic Cat, Polaris, or Ski-Doo, If you hit something hard enough to deform the ski like that your gonna bend the spindle or a arm. Its not the brand. Its that you hit something hard. :m2c:

·
Registered
671 Posts
Every Nytro FX owner I ride with (5) has bent their subframe already. I know this may not be represenitive of the whole population so FOR THOSE WITH BENT SUBFRAMES ONLY: Please give us the date it happened and what made it happen.

Easy enough huh???????[/b]
werent you told to leave this alone???? enough is enough my friend!!!

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I have 3 buddies with FX Nytro's I saw them up north this past weekend and just called one today, they havent bent anything or ever heard of anyone bending something. Obviously that sled hit something. In fact now that i look at that ski... its very obvious.

·
Registered
201 Posts
No so fast guys. I was one who wanted to hear from others re: bent sub frames and spindles. I wasn't saying it wasn't happening, I was just saying I hadn't heard enough people to think it was wide spread. Well now I have! This could be a serious problem, and others are trying to inform us of that. I thank them, thanks for trying to give me a heads up and keep me informed about a problem they have had, possibly a wide spread problem. i'm one who can't believe I havn't bent anything with all the stuff I've hit. What we need is for people to pay attention, check their sleds often, and when you do have a problem LOG IT AT THE DEALER. That is the only yamaha can, for sure, know there is a problem, as the dealers are their representitives in the comercial world. Good luck to all, and safe riding.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts

That isn't even your sled... That's Ulmer's sled. Do you not think we go between sites?

Heres what he said happened
It was the subframe that was bent in the lower section. Took about 4 hours for repair. Hit a rock laying along the side of a road going 30-35 mph. The rock was probably 5-10 lbs in weight and caught just right on the carbide to tweak it all.[/b]

·
Registered
32 Posts

wow, ride my mtx hard and so do 5 of my buddies lol and no bent subframes!!! They dont bend on there own, you have to hit things hard for them to bend, How did you bend yours and your five buddies? just curious on what happend?

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
wow, ride my mtx hard and so do 5 of my buddies lol and no bent subframes!!! They dont bend on there own, you have to hit things hard for them to bend, How did you bend yours and your five buddies? just curious on what happend?[/b]
I think it's called follow the idiot into the ditch or a stationary object.

·
Registered
711 Posts
10 replies and NO BENT NYTROS!!!!! Great survey!!! :bigun2:

·
Registered
188 Posts
10 replies and NO BENT NYTROS!!!!! Great survey!!! :bigun2:[/b]
great question.....as much as this scares me, it would be better for honest answers as to what caused the damage to all 5 sleds. Also, how did hitting something with the carbide manage to damage the ski...? seems odd, hope you guys gets parts sooner rather than later to ride this season.

I rode mine on a sno-x track for a while and have whupped it pretty hard in the trails......nothing bent. Not saying its not possible. Also wonder

·
Registered
711 Posts
great question.....as much as this scares me, it would be better for honest answers as to what caused the damage to all 5 sleds. Also, how did hitting something with the carbide manage to damage the ski...? seems odd, hope you guys gets parts sooner rather than later to ride this season.

I rode mine on a sno-x track for a while and have whupped it pretty hard in the trails......nothing bent. Not saying its not possible. Also wonder[/b]
It sounds like "most" people know what they hit or saw it coming and couldn't avoid the impact. 5 sleds is very hard to believe. I'm hoping all these guys got a group rate for buying 6 sleds and all of them just so happen to be buddies!?!?!? I would like to see all 6 sleds lined up in a pic then I MIGHT believe it!! All I can picture is 5 guys playing follow the leader and they all hit the same damn thing!!! Kind of like when a group cars hit the same pot hole and 500 feet later there all pulled over with flat tires and the owners are standing outside scratching their heads!!!! :lol:

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
It sounds like "most" people know what they hit or saw it coming and couldn't avoid the impact. 5 sleds is very hard to believe. I'm hoping all these guys got a group rate for buying 6 sleds and all of them just so happen to be buddies!?!?!? I would like to see all 6 sleds lined up in a pic then I MIGHT believe it!! All I can picture is 5 guys playing follow the leader and they all hit the same damn thing!!! Kind of like when a group cars hit the same pot hole and 500 feet later there all pulled over with flat tires and the owners are standing outside scratching their heads!!!! :lol:[/b]
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I'm thinking they all went over the same cliff! Also if he has 5 buds that bent them then why not post a pic of one of them instead of a two month old pic from Ulmer? On another note...all the rider forward sleds have A arm bending problems. This all started with the Rev. We want lightweight and durability at the same time and this can be hard to do. The problem with rider forward sleds is that there is a large amount of the total sled weight up front close to the skis. Now when you hit something all the impact will be absorbed by the front arms and frame where as on an older more rider back style sled there is a better chance that the impact will be deflected and less severe. Everything with rider forward sleds can't be positive, there will be some negatives also. Darting, heavy steering, slower top speeds, colder riders with cold hands are all the results of rider forward sleds. Now you can add bent A arms, Nuns and subframes to the list.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Spartan sledder...you're like the Energizer Bunny on this topic...just keeps going n going n going. At the very least you're enteraining.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
heres some logic... one side is perfectly fine and the other side is mashed... yea its just gotta be yamahas fault... :sarcasm:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was going to jump some drifts in the ditch. I was going into the bottom of the ditch from the highway at about 20-25mph and the local municipality had cleaned the ditch with a excavator. When I hit the part they had cleaned i felt a little jolt come through the bars, nothing serious so i continued to jump the drift. When I landed i noticed the thing did not drive straight. I took a look and the spindle was pushed back and the a arms where straight. I got home and noticed the subframe is bent. From that little impact nothing should have bent. I hope Yamaha looks at strenghening these machines. They are awesome, but they need a few issues resolved (wet left foot) ect.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I was going to jump some drifts in the ditch. I was going into the bottom of the ditch from the highway at about 20-25mph and the local municipality had cleaned the ditch with a excavator. When I hit the part they had cleaned i felt a little jolt come through the bars, nothing serious so i continued to jump the drift. When I landed i noticed the thing did not drive straight. I took a look and the spindle was pushed back and the a arms where straight. I got home and noticed the subframe is bent. From that little impact nothing should have bent. I hope Yamaha looks at strenghening these machines. They are awesome, but they need a few issues resolved (wet left foot) ect.[/b]
Can you post a pic?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts