Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Rode last saturday march 27th Unreal 30+ inches of fresh powder near quealy warming hut. One of the best days ever.

·
Registered
575 Posts
QUOTE (jjlrrw @ Mar 30 2010, 10:03 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=5284769
WOW, great to hear, we are heading out next Thursday 4-8-10 will be my first time hope the conditions hold up. Little worried about the late date??[/b]
We just arrived at the snowies, and the forecast looks awesome, they are calling for 12 to 18 inches by Tuesday night.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Hoping to get up on the mountain this weekend. Will report if I make it. Kind of sad I am 28miles from Greenrock and am unsure if I am riding this weekend.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Today was one of the best days riding sleds for me, we were busting through 2 to 4 feet of fresh pow all day, temps will be warming up Thursday and Friday, into the mid to upper 40's, with all this fresh snow, can it get any better? Pic from this afternoon, over on the west side of the Snowy Range, near Kennady Peak.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
QUOTE (Rev Kev @ Apr 7 2010, 08:50 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=5291738
Today was one of the best days riding sleds for me, we were busting through 2 to 4 feet of fresh pow all day, temps will be warming up Thursday and Friday, into the mid to upper 40's, with all this fresh snow, can it get any better? Pic from this afternoon, over on the west side of the Snowy Range, near Kennady Peak.[/b]
Looks awesome, wish I was there now, one week to go. Can't wait, keep us posted and save some snow for us.

·
Registered
575 Posts
QUOTE (sledcrazy @ Apr 7 2010, 11:17 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=5291768
Looks awesome, wish I was there now, one week to go. Can't wait, keep us posted and save some snow for us.[/b]
Weather is warming up, was 50 today down at Ten Mile Inn, was over at Albany Lodge Yesterday, and with a few more warm days, it will be difficult getting in and out. Green Rock looks to still be ok, as does The Rendervoiz, trails end Parking, and TenMile Inn and The Place. Here is the Short term for Albany Lodge area. http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?l...nit=0&lg=en

·
Registered
516 Posts
Snow at Greenrock is still Ok but melting fast. Didn't have to ride any mud but with the extended forecast it won't be long. The East side of the mountain is not great. We burnt up our hifaxes just this morning by riding when it was icy. By the time we got to the backside it was softening up. There is still a ton of snow on the west side but it was pretty set up and hard and only going to get worse. At about 10am it was already getting very wet and slushy.

Wish I would have rode it on Thursday. You can tell they got a ton of fresh but now it is hard and crunchy on top.

So plenty of base still there and plenty of snow to ride. It was go anywhere snow for the most part. Hope this helps. Chances of snow in the forecast may get some fresh on top. Who knows this time of year. Still amazing snow for the middle of April.

·
Registered
350 Posts
QUOTE (sclwald @ Apr 10 2010, 03:17 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=5293596
Snow at Greenrock is still Ok but melting fast. Didn't have to ride any mud but with the extended forecast it won't be long. The East side of the mountain is not great. We burnt up our hifaxes just this morning by riding when it was icy. By the time we got to the backside it was softening up. There is still a ton of snow on the west side but it was pretty set up and hard and only going to get worse. At about 10am it was already getting very wet and slushy.

Wish I would have rode it on Thursday. You can tell they got a ton of fresh but now it is hard and crunchy on top.

So plenty of base still there and plenty of snow to ride. It was go anywhere snow for the most part. Hope this helps. Chances of snow in the forecast may get some fresh on top. Who knows this time of year. Still amazing snow for the middle of April.[/b]
How is the snow, heading out this thursday, got to get one last ride in...................

1 - 16 of 16 Posts