Hardcore Sledder banner

41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Snow is very good at albany and pretty much everywhere we rode. Went out b/t christmas and new years. Main trail was groomed out of albany one day, but the rest of the trails were ugly. Had to do alot of side riding, but even that after a while was rough. Also had a note left on my truck new years eve. Don't know who left it, but I assume probobaly somebody affiliated with the state or a pissed off rider that wants to know what everybody thinks so let's tell 'em!!!!!!! :div20: :celebrating: :banana:

·
Registered
36 Posts
from TMK50 off snowest......

The directions say to email or call ALL of the groups and if you email put all addresses in the To: area. State whether you thought the trails were good, bad, or are in similar shape to years past. Also comment on trail markings etc. They are asking us to send a message out each time we ride up there. This information was left on my truck on New Years Day when we got back to the parking lot, I do not know who placed it there or who they are affiliated with.

[email protected] 307-745-7339

[email protected] 307-745-6363

[email protected]

[email protected] 307-777-7477

snowmobilewyoming.org (website - click on 'Contact Us')

[email protected] 307-777-7434

[email protected] 800-445-5303

[email protected] 307-349-4775

[email protected] 307-777-8681

[email protected] 307-777-8681[/b]
Monday morning my brother in Fla., a friend of mine in Tn., and myself here in Ga. are planning a trip in about a week out to Wy.. All 3 of us will be calling all the numbers that you listed in your post, to complain about the trail conditions. I suggest that the readers here also complain on Mon. so mabybe it will light a fire on the situation.
Our question to the folks that we all reach by phone on Mon. is " If you have snow and alot riders are paying to ride on the trails, why are you not grooming the trails? Then when they give all of us an excuse, we need to tell them that their excuse is not accceptable! We will then tell them that their state is receiving bad publicity on all the internet snowmobile forums concerning the trail conditions. Maybe this will help and maybe it won't . My brother, a friend of mine and myself will be on the phone Mon. morning.

I'll hope you'll join us:
Ronnie

·
Registered
355 Posts
Monday morning my brother in Fla., a friend of mine in Tn., and myself here in Ga. are planning a trip in about a week out to Wy.. All 3 of us will be calling all the numbers that you listed in your post, to complain about the trail conditions. I suggest that the readers here also complain on Mon. so mabybe it will light a fire on the situation.
Our question to the folks that we all reach by phone on Mon. is " If you have snow and alot riders are paying to ride on the trails, why are you not grooming the trails? Then when they give all of us an excuse, we need to tell them that their excuse is not accceptable! We will then tell them that their state is receiving bad publicity on all the internet snowmobile forums concerning the trail conditions. Maybe this will help and maybe it won't . My brother, a friend of mine and myself will be on the phone Mon. morning.

I'll hope you'll join us:
Ronnie[/b]

Well, I think someone heard the 'message'..........as the wy state trails dept replied over on snowest that they understand the shitty trails and are working on getting them better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) We're heading out Wed, we'll see!

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I just got back from the snowies the snow was really good everywhere, Trails were rought in spots though.

·
Registered
28 Posts
What kind of service could you get with your cell phone around the Albany Loddge area? We saw a tower not too far away, but none of our phones would work and talked to several others and they had no service either. My phone worked good on the west side by the Rendezvous Lodge. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
What kind of service could you get with your cell phone around the Albany Loddge area? We saw a tower not too far away, but none of our phones would work and talked to several others and they had no service either. My phone worked good on the west side by the Rendezvous Lodge. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks![/b]

My cell phone service didnt work at albany lodge at all I had t-mobile and so did my other buddy. Another buddy had verizion and that didnt work either. I was told by the bar tender that TRAC phones work because the get analog signal (they are the prepaid phones). I will be getting one next time i come up there....

·
Registered
28 Posts
We had analog phones, one on Midwest Wirelss and one on Verizon and neither one would work, and they will usually work where none of the newer digital phones will. I'd sure like to know what the deal is on the tower you can see from there.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
The cell phone service is limited after you drop into the valley before the Albany turnoff or if you go straight to Centennial. There are however some places on the backside of the range where you can get service. But other than that cell phone do not work up there.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Just got back from Laramie.........great snow, a bit chilly! LOL

HOWEVER, the there still seems to be a lack of grooming on the trails. Granted there was lots of traffic and sleds, but some of the worst trail conditions I've seen up there.

Great time by all!

·
Registered
5 Posts
THANK YOU for posting this!!!!! I accidentally threw the one they stuck under my wiper away when I got home. I have been to Albany the past three weekends straight, and the trails just plain suck!! I have never seen them in worse condition! The only one that was decent was T running north from Q this past Monday. That was the ONLY trail I have been on this year, and only that once, where it was worth riding on. I need to start blasting off emails now. We are going back up on Saturday. I hope my back gets to feeling better before then..... :hyper:

from TMK50 off snowest......

The directions say to email or call ALL of the groups and if you email put all addresses in the To: area. State whether you thought the trails were good, bad, or are in similar shape to years past. Also comment on trail markings etc. They are asking us to send a message out each time we ride up there. This information was left on my truck on New Years Day when we got back to the parking lot, I do not know who placed it there or who they are affiliated with.

[email protected] 307-745-7339

[email protected] 307-745-6363

[email protected]

[email protected] 307-777-7477

snowmobilewyoming.org (website - click on 'Contact Us')

[email protected] 307-777-7434

[email protected] 800-445-5303

[email protected] 307-349-4775

[email protected] 307-777-8681

[email protected] 307-777-8681[/b]

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
1/20/07 Report

Rode multiple trails today and to my suprise they were not all that bad. Tolerable in some places and good in others. The heavey snow from last week sure settled and the conditions were not all that great. Good base but powder was hard to find unless you boondocked or went to some back spots. Most of the mountain was very tracked up because of a week of no snow. Hopefully we can get a dumping.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
1/20/07 Report

Rode multiple trails today and to my suprise they were not all that bad. Tolerable in some places and good in others. The heavey snow from last week sure settled and the conditions were not all that great. Good base but powder was hard to find unless you boondocked or went to some back spots. Most of the mountain was very tracked up because of a week of no snow. Hopefully we can get a dumping.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Well went up again today to Wyocolo to check out their conditions and never got further than the parking lot. Didn't even get the Vector off the trailer as it would not start. Don't know what it is at the moment as I was so discouraged I parked them in the garage and don't want to look at it. A 2006 and have had multiple problems. Now whether to take it to the local dealership and see if Yamaha will stand behind it. Out of warranty by less than a month. So with us closing on our home on the 19th don't know if I will have money to fix it soon or not. So this may be the end of my yearly reports.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
coming out on the 19th staying at albany lodge in the house i guess what is the snow like please fill me in[/b]
I will also be at the albany lodge on monday But we are staying at a lodge. Maybe we will see you there.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
My last report is from last Friday the 2nd. We rode in very cold and bad weather but the snow and trail conditions were excellent. A lot of warm weather this week and expected again next week. We will have to see how the snow holds up.

·
Registered
396 Posts
This is a Pic of Medbow lodge when we were driving in...... Had to Put the chains on to get out with the enclosed trailer and 5 sleds. We left Feb 25th and we left behind alot of fresh Powder.....

[attachment=315085:west.jpg]

41 - 60 of 62 Posts