Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
me and my dad took of friday morning from shelburne up to markdale and further cant rember the town then back down. went out again sat mornin with 3 more guys and did the northern loop in shelburne dundalk area. while out on our ride my dad lost his blackberry. e thought he closed the zipper on his jacket but i guess not lol. so we contiued our ridenot havin enough time to retrace our steps. rode a good 8 hours fri and sat. sat was a day of adventure lol. crossed a creek and got all muddy, my cousin new to ridin crashed my friends sled in the trees (not hurt) and my dad lost his fone. now the sledders being good people part. this morning i get a fone call and on caller ID it says my dads cell fone number completly forgetting that he lost it and a man calls and i said to myself wtf who is this then i said oo u found my fone!!! lol i thanked him and he left it at the gas station in dundalk. if we had forgot it at a grocery store or somthing they would have just kept it but since sledders are the best people around they returned it. greatest bunch and most friendly people i know!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
256 Posts
Is there a new way of spelling PHONE ( FONE ) if thats how they teach in our school I think I'll be home schooling my daughter

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Get used to it, my 14 year old nephew spells that way, and will even talk short form once in a while.

Good to hear you got you phone back, and the blackberry? Or are you considering them as one piece of equipment lost by your dad?

·
Registered
304 Posts
ROTFLMAO :lam: Any of the new generation use SMS (text messaging) and use short forms for everything... SMS is the number way of communicating in the world now. lol

·
Registered
267 Posts
Kind of reminds me of when I installed any Microsoft programs they have a selection for "US English" The last time I looked and knew there is no such thing and it is actually an impossibility for there to be such a thing. There is English and there is Wrong.

Colour <it is underlined as I type this> is Correct

Color is Wrong

Kolor is Wrong

Kolour is Wrong

Kuler is Wrong

Culur is Wrong

and every other way of phonetically spelling it is wrong also

G

·
Kind of reminds me of when I installed any Microsoft programs they have a selection for "US English" The last time I looked and knew there is no such thing and it is actually an impossibility for there to be such a thing. There is English and there is Wrong.

Colour <it is underlined as I type this> is Correct

Color is Wrong

Kolor is Wrong

Kolour is Wrong

Kuler is Wrong

Culur is Wrong

and every other way of phonetically spelling it is wrong also[/b]

Much of "Canadian" english is derived from french, eg: cheque Canada, versus check, in the US, right and wrong is not definable any longer, acceptable and not is more the norm.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Is there a new way of spelling PHONE ( FONE )[/b]
Well it actually makes sense to use "F" maybe kid is onto somethin here. Think of all the time spent typing that extra letter.

Speaking of that why is Cat spelled with a "C" and Kitten spelled with a "K"

Glad you got your BB back, I have found a few things on the trail too and all but a set of keys I was able to return to the owners.

·
Registered
80 Posts
me and my dad took of friday morning from shelburne up to markdale and further cant rember the town then back down. went out again sat mornin with 3 more guys and did the northern loop in shelburne dundalk area. while out on our ride my dad lost his blackberry. e thought he closed the zipper on his jacket but i guess not lol. so we contiued our ridenot havin enough time to retrace our steps. rode a good 8 hours fri and sat. sat was a day of adventure lol. crossed a creek and got all muddy, my cousin new to ridin crashed my friends sled in the trees (not hurt) and my dad lost his fone. now the sledders being good people part. this morning i get a fone call and on caller ID it says my dads cell fone number completly forgetting that he lost it and a man calls and i said to myself wtf who is this then i said oo u found my fone!!! lol i thanked him and he left it at the gas station in dundalk. if we had forgot it at a grocery store or somthing they would have just kept it but since sledders are the best people around they returned it. greatest bunch and most friendly people i know!!! :thumbsup:[/b]
Hay Artikman!!! Dhat iz a grate story. I kan zee spilling wuz nut yur bezt subgect, butt nut two wurry, mi speling izent dhat grate eether.

( LOL ) All joking aside, that's the proper thing to doo. I find a lot of stuff on the trails and turn it over to the rightful owners.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts