Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just read on mysask.com that a 21 yr old man was killed..his sled hit a drainage ditch at high speeds... My prayers and thoughts go out to the family. Anyone have more info other that what was in the papers?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I heard about it today as well. Believe his name was Jeff(not sure) Peterson, he was from Gronlid near Melfort. His friends went to hospital with minor injuries, not sure if there was a guy riding on the same sled as him, or if they all hit the ditch on seperate sleds. My thoughts and prayer's are with his family. Be safe out there guys, I hit a creek my first night back no damage to me or my sled, but it makes me count my lucky stars. It's fun to lead the pack, just make sure you know where your riding.
Keeper

·
Registered
38 Posts
That's strange, that's right on my back door step and I haven't even heard about it. Not to sure if I know the guy or not.

This is exactly what I was scared of hapening this winter though. That's why I posted that warning hoping to make people think a little bit. I wonder wher abouts it hapend.

Be careful out there everyone.

Ryan

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RCMP are reporting two fatal snowmobiling accident in as many days. The most recent happened last night just 15 kilometers east of Prince Albert on highway 302. Police say the 55-year-old man driving the snowmobile struck an approach and was thrown off. RCMP say speed and alcohol may be factors. The man was treated for life threatening injuries but was pronounced dead at the hospital.

Slow down people and save the drinking for later!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Heard about that guy killed near P.A. today as well. Found out right before we took off sledding. Everyone in the group was riding a little more cautious in unknown fields today. Be carefull out there guys, it's fun pinnin' it over a hill, but a ditch on the other side can seriously fuck up your day. River in between St. Louis and Birch Hills is not froze everywhere either. Lots of open water out there, so be carefull on the ice too.
Keeper

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.