Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was ready to make a purchase on one of the many HCS vendor's websites for a clutch kit and some things gave me concerns about proceeding with my purchase.

(Not naming the vendor at this point)

1st, PayPal was not offered, not a huge deal but this is a common offering for method of payment.

2nd, there is no "secured site" or encryption indicated on the web page.

Lastly the copyright on the web page indicates 2015 versus this year.

Is the website security being maintained?

https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/222701

Once you enter that credit card info, it's on that system indefinitely.

With institutions being hacked regularly these days, I'm not sure I want my cc information on your system with the front door wide open...

·
Registered
424 Posts
Yea, You have to be careful. Got a call yesterday from my bank. Someone in Tokyo Japan was trying to make a $369 charge on my card. Had to cancel the card and now have to wait 7 to 10 days for a replacement. Not sure where they got my info.

·
Vendor
4,743 Posts
I know ours is secure and we take our security for our customers serious. Not only do we use Geotrust for our secure checkout it is also processed through paypal no matter what form of payment you use. I never see a credit card number. The only time is if someone calls me with one and then that gets shreaded after order is processed. We never keep that info.

We have had orders come in with stolen cards before and have actually found some suspicious and did a web look_Up on the customers name and called them to make sure they really ordered the item. This has not happened often but we kind of know what to look for and have let customers know and saved us from shipping items to a crook.

GeoTrust Malware Scan
Website Identity and Security

NAME:
GO BIG PARTS & ACCESSORIES, LLC
SPRING LAKE, MICHIGAN
US
DOMAIN: Go Big Parts and Accessories, LLC
VALID FROM: 11/5/2015 THROUGH 12/4/2016
GeoTrust Malware Scan
Website Security Confirmed
The presence of SSL means you can rest assured that communications (e.g. credit card numbers) between your browser and this site web servers are private and secure when the SSL session is activated.

Website Identity Confirmed
SSL certificates from GeoTrust® are the ultimate online security and trust solution delivering both 256-bit encryption and the True Site™ trust mark providing third-party website identity validation.

·
Banned
33,383 Posts
we use paypal through the site, and no credit card info is saved in our system on phone or in person orders. we also have our security metrics PCI certification.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts