Hardcore Sledder banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So whats going on with the show this year? I havent heard anything about it yet, and wanted to make sure that its still on. Who is going? I'm assuming that it is the 21-23 weekend in October. Is there anything new at the show?

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
I heard from some of the bigger guys their pulling out this year. The entertainment has increased costs for the retailers mean they are losing money with the booths. I miss the old days at the Markham fairgrounds where you went to look at sleds and get good deals on stuff. Promoters only care about the ticket sales not the merchandise sales. I doubt I'll go.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Originally posted by Thinksno@Oct 3 2005, 06:39 PM
I heard from some of the bigger guys their pulling out this year. The entertainment has increased costs for the retailers mean they are losing money with the booths. I miss the old days at the Markham fairgrounds where you went to look at sleds and get good deals on stuff. Promoters only care about the ticket sales not the merchandise sales. I doubt I'll go.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=906199
[/quote]
:withstupid: I totally agree, it seems like it's the same shit every yr with the exception of the next model yr sleds... same cheesie sticker guys, same shammie selling guys, same over priced clothing, etc

·
Registered
298 Posts
Count me out, same shit over and over, STILL no manufacturers, just whatever the local dealers have got, same lame-ass "stunt" show. I'll save the $48.00 it costs me to take the family.(if it hasn't gone up, again). I'd rather go to Novi.

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
I agree that the show has lost some appeal in recent years. The loss of the manufacture support is a real shame.

Having said that I will definitely be going! It is an excuse to get together with my riding partners and talk sleds and then head up to the cottage to rake leaves and get everything ready for winter. Not to mention there will be a hockey game to watch up there on CBC on Saturday night! - All is right with the world again!

I always need a few things from Royal and figure the tax savings (Are they doing that this year - I did not get any coupons in the OSM mag) pretty well off set the cost of the show.

Also, the Shell booth is a great place to get a super deal on their synthetic oil.

Not to mention it is the easiest place to get updated copies of all the different maps I need.

http://www.torontosnowmobileshows.com/

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Originally posted by Red Rocket@Oct 4 2005, 10:02 AM
Having said that I will definitely be going!  It is an excuse to get together with my riding partners and talk sleds and then head up to the cottage to rake leaves and get everything ready for winter. 
http://www.torontosnowmobileshows.com/
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=907282
[/quote]

Good idea...Kev (BBY) We will skip the show, get drunk at my house and watch sled videos....Ill get adam, see if Gords in, If we could get like 5 vids it would make for the starts of a great night!!

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Originally posted by Henn1357@Oct 4 2005, 11:30 AM
Good idea...Kev (BBY) We will skip the show, get drunk at my house and watch sled videos....Ill get adam, see if Gords in, If we could get like 5 vids it would make for the starts of a great night!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=907475
[/quote]

HAHAHA, smart minds think alike... we can go to the cottage aswell, and you guys can help me rake leaves too, maybe take the Jeeps out and pretend we're sledding, there is lots of new skidder trails up there now... oh and beer too
let me know
Kevo :celebrating:

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the A channel is now a sponsor. It is really going to shit!

I will still end up going though, the show is the only way to effectively collect all our maps for the year.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Originally posted by maceng@Oct 5 2005, 04:15 PM
the A channel is now a sponsor.  It is really going to shit!

I will still end up going though, the show is the only way to effectively collect all our maps for the year.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=910547
[/quote]

Tell ya what, you go down there and bring me back some maps too LOL
Cheers, Kevo :beerchug:

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If I've gotta come from Barrie, then you can get your lazy ass there just as easy. lol

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Good call not just driving for maps, but we need 'em, along with a few other things for this year before the snow flies.

:fluffy:

·
Registered
411 Posts
I've made the trip to the show for the last few years from N.B. Last year was my last year! The show has gone south for me no deals.... No manuf... Just not worth the cash! This year were going to the grass drags in New Hampshire....This weekend :div20:

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Originally posted by allstock@Oct 3 2005, 08:33 PM
Count me out, same shit over and over, STILL no manufacturers, just whatever the local dealers have got, same lame-ass "stunt" show. I'll save the $48.00 it costs me to take the family.(if it hasn't gone up, again). I'd rather go to Novi.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=906529
[/quote]

Miserable bast&rd :frech11:

1 - 20 of 85 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.