Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About when does snowmobile season start in Mercer Wisc? I'm thinking I should make my hotel reservations early this year.

·
Registered
3,702 Posts
The way things have been going, I wouldn't want to make the reservations anytime before January if I were you.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Premium Member
4,252 Posts
December has been hit or miss the last few years. And the holiday time is very busy. I would wait until mid to end of january to make a reservation. I use to stay in Mercer alot. Seems the trails keep getting worse around the area. :dunno:

·
Registered
3,702 Posts
Originally posted by bly123@Sep 21 2005, 03:33 PM
Where in Wisc would you recommend? Who has the best trails and hotels?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=885614
[/quote]

The Price county area can be somewhat boring, but because of that the trails see little traffic, and can offer some great snowmobiling! I always head up to the Phillips area, and I have seen some of the nicest trails that I have ridden on in that area. Weekends can get pretty busy, and eventually get rough, but all in all it is usually very nice.
No matter where you go, I would highly recomend heading up on a Sunday, and riding during the week, That is definetly the best time to ride.

·
Registered
12,093 Posts
My family and friends have always had good luck staying in Ashland, with the. exception of last year when it rained on us one day. You might want to look into that, and it isn't that far from Mercer.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I've ridden in Mercer most of my life. In the last 10 years it has gotten pretty crowded but that it because its a great hub for the trail system. Some of the best trails are to the northwest, trail 13 "hogsback" and 15 etc. Sorry, I don't always remember the numbers, just know where to go. Always, if you can try to stay off the rail bed 17. I only take it if I have to ride it. But that is the primary artery from Mercer to Hurley. If your looking for a really reasonable place to stay right off the trail, Then I would recommend Club 51 bar/supper club/motel unit. It's not much for amenities, but hey, your there to ride. Plus it's north of town which keeps you out of the crap snow, only go to town if you have too. If you want nice then stay at the great northern in town. I just stay at my friends cabin out on spider lake. If your a cat fan then stop in at SS Sport Store, there a sponsor of mine.

[attachment=97404:attachment]

Attachments

·
Registered
942 Posts
season starts at red light rally. usually around 12/09 or so. lately no snow then. xmas is 50/50 if snow comes trails are crap. same with new years weekend. a few years we stayed gogebic in december. if trails crap we play on lake(Kevlar Lake).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts