Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have put together a snowmobile safety class with the Roseville Parks and Rec. Dept on Saturday Oct. 22 from 9-4. The class will be held in the parks and rec building 18185 Sycamore which is 1 block north of 11 Mile/696 just east of Gratiot. To pre register or for more details call (586) 445-5480.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Originally posted by newm316@Sep 27 2005, 04:25 PM
I have put together a snowmobile safety class with the Roseville Parks and Rec. Dept on Saturday Oct. 22 from 9-4. The class will be held in the parks and rec building 18185 Sycamore which is 1 block north of 11 Mile/696 just east of Gratiot. To pre register or for more details call (586) 445-5480.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=895721
[/quote]
what does it cost, is there a break for lunch, it's just the one day

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes there is a break for lunch not sure what the parks and rec is charging if you call the # they can let you know. Its a 1 day 7 hr class.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cost is $15 for Roseville residents and $20 for non residents.

·
Registered
9,818 Posts
Originally posted by newm316@Sep 30 2005, 02:21 PM
Cost is $15 for Roseville residents and $20 for non residents.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=901279
[/quote]Is this for kids to get their permit/certificates to ride? What age?

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes for kids but we do also have adults that take it also. The kids have to be 12 by March 31 to take the couse.

·
Registered
9,818 Posts
Originally posted by newm316@Oct 6 2005, 04:26 AM
Yes for kids but we do also have adults that take it also. The kids have to be 12 by March 31 to take the couse.<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=911745
[/quote]Then they get their certificate and can drive without supervision? My girl is 12 and been bugging me for two years now... :div20:

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
She will need supervision as she cant go on the trails by herself. But it would allow her to ride her own sled.

·
Registered
9,818 Posts
Originally posted by newm316@Oct 6 2005, 10:56 PM
She will need supervision as she cant go on the trails by herself. But it would allow her to ride her own sled.<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=913768
[/quote]
I dont think that is correct. According to the MI DNR page:

-------------------------------------------
You must successfully complete a snowmobile safety course if you are:

* A person who is at least 12 but less than 17 years of age operating a snowmobile without direct supervision of a person 21 years of age or older must have in their immediate possession a valid snowmobile safety certificate.

I believe if they have their certificate, they can ride on their own, but cannot cross roads. Further reading:

Restrictions on Youthful Operation

A person who is at least 12 but less than 17 years of age:

* May operate a snowmobile if they have a valid snowmobile safety certificate in their immediate possession or are under direct supervision of a person 21 years of age or older. <==(not their parent)
* May not cross a highway or street without having a valid snowmobile safety certificate in their immediate possession.
----------------------------------------
It appears that she can ride with me WITHOUT a permit, or on her own WITH a permit. If this is incorrect, please point me to the right source of information. Thanks-

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry didnt read your post right. Yes she will recieve her cert and be able to ride alone and cross roads and such.

·
Registered
9,818 Posts
Ok, thanks. I'd likely want to sit thru it with her... is there a charge for me, too? Im sure she wont want to sit there 7 hrs alone.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts