Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what insurance do you guys have. my dad had some but let it expire accidentally, and it would cost like 600-700 bucks to get a new one from them :blink: . i don`t know what company it was though.

·
Registered
930 Posts
I was frustrated by Allstate last year when they REFUSED to insure my ZR800. I went to Nationwide and they insured me at a very reasonable rate. We'll see about next year, this seems to be a bigger challenge each year...MArc

·
Registered
242 Posts
My insurance Co said my F5 was uninsurable. I think anything over 100 hp is in trouble.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
In Ontario the insurance companies are basically blacklisting snowmobiles. Some will no longer insure any sleds. Others us a dollar value cut-off point, above which they deny coverage. Some have blacklisted sport sleds and will not touch an f-sled, ZR, XC, RX-1, MXZ, REV etc but will cover similar sleds named ZL, Legend, etc of the same displacement while other companies will just deny coverage for any sled 700 cc or larger, regardless of model. Adding to the challenge is that if any licenced driver in your household has any tickets or insurance claims they hold that against you as well. Even if that person never sees the sled, let alone drives it.
Many big CC sleds are adorning Ontario dealer showrooms because potential buyers cannot secure coverage. It's illegal to ride without liability insurance on Ontario trails.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Originally posted by Team Arctic@Jan 12 2003, 08:02 PM
I was frustrated by Allstate last year when they REFUSED to insure my ZR800. I went to Nationwide and they insured me at a very reasonable rate. We'll see about next year, this seems to be a bigger challenge each year...MArc
Allstate wrote a policy for me also for ZR800..pushed it thru to the processing center in Northbrook,IL and then was refused..I scrambled around and asked dealer..got insurance that was underwrited thru like 3 insurance comp. was like 525.00 for last year..then they sent letter stating they dont insure sleds anymore...got a tip from friend..State Farm agent..240.00 with good coverage..we will see what next year will bring

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have mine insured thru my home owners Mil bank At first it was ok if you had any thing under 600cc
but been with them for a while and last couple of years they have insured 800 now I have a ZR 900
just paid my bill $144 US.Maybe its cheap because we still dont have any snow.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Believe or not I had to switch my homeowners policy because my old insurance provider ( Citizens) would not cover my snowmobile trailer any longer which is an enclosed two place... worth $3500.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Got mine through State Farm. Have all of my trucks, trailers and autos there also, but I was able to secure basic liability coverage for $65.00/year. Just got my renewal notice and I have a '98 ZRT 800.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Originally posted by greensaysitall@Jan 12 2003, 07:57 PM
what insurance do you guys have. my dad had some but let it expire accidentally, and it would cost like 600-700 bucks to get a new one from them :blink: . i don`t know what company it was though.
ive got liberty mutual and they insured my 2001 zl600esr for 128 bucks a yr...i do have my car insurance with them for the last 15 yrs though and it was no problem...steve in mass

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Insured my 97 sled, liability-uninsured coverage for only $83 !!
Hey if i wreck my used sled, Ill get a newer one.....

·
Registered
863 Posts
i pay 350 a year for full coveragde on my 03 zr8, it is inshured for 15,000...i dont worrie about the cost of my insurence to much, i would rather have it then not!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts