Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The lady is good with a needle and thread so am going to get her to make me a cover for my machine. Obviously want to get as fitted as possible but are there Any cool ideas or features I could add to make the best cover possible?

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Main thing is to keep it from flapping in the wind.(I watch closely in the mirrors for any flapping when I head out. I stop and strap the loose areas.) The cover will not last long and it isn't keeping the sled covered enough to stop the salt mist. Flapping covers are worse at rubbing the sled at the contact points. Contact points are also the first to wear out. Reinforcement helps around those locations. I've had covers with soft liner material incorporated over the hood and windshield area. Nice idea, but the liner needs to be clean. Covers are not that easy to clean. A partially removable liner might help.
It will take some time to get a good template of the sled contours. It is worth the effort if you want the best results. The best working covers fit well without big gaps. They also need to be strapped down around the sled. Good hooks and lock cams help to keep things tight.
Sneeuwscooter brings up a good point about the zippers. I had a few with a "C" shaped zipper over the gas cap area. It was nice to fill them during the drive without removing the cover.

You might save the lady a little time by looking for a used cover that is already fitted and have her make it better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts