Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The RCMP are enforcing a bylaw that restricted snowmobiles from riding in or through Oakbank past the hr of 11:30 PM. to 7:00 AM. There has been a number of complaints from residents of Oakbank that snowmobiles are travelling to fast and some sleds have very load mufflers. There is also an incident that an RCMP officer tried to stop a sledder a few week ago and was almost run over after trying to stop this person . The officer had to dive out of the way to avoid being run over. Please if any of you sledders come in or through Oakbank late at nite [u]PLEASE[/u] keep your speed down so as the noise level is low. Besides the speed limit in Oakbank is only 30klm per hr this is also in the bylaw. The sledders who live in Oakbank stand to lose this privilege if all the bad apples don't smarten up. They will have to trailer their sleds out of the town limits to go for a ride and no other sled will be able to ride into town to get gas or a bite to eat. Pass this on to all your fellow sledders so we don't all lose this privilege

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
There is also an incident that an RCMP officer tried to stop a sledder a few week ago and was almost run over after trying to stop this person .[/b]
FRICKIN DELGATY! :getlost: lol

Slow down in town. If and when I drive through town late at night I'm crawling along, just about as slow as possible...it's the few guys who tear down the streets who get us in shyte.

·
Registered
8,475 Posts

Slow down in town. If and when I drive through town late at night I'm crawling along, just about as slow as possible...it's the few guys who tear down the streets who get us in shyte.[/b]
Good one! I am sure Delgaty takes a laptop with him when he is sledding to keep up with his HCS posts...was probably in Oakbank looking for a wireless connection...

Slow down boys, could be one more town we can't drive into if we are not careful.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Good one! I am sure Delgaty takes a laptop with him when he is sledding to keep up with his HCS posts...was probably in Oakbank looking for a wireless connection...

Slow down boys, could be one more town we can't drive into if we are not careful.[/b]
we should have respect for all the towns that let us in. Fast is for the wide open spots not the populated areas :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
Oakbank is a PITA to go into anyway. I don't go to Oakbank anymore. I go to Fiddler's Esso and fill up and get groceries. The guy who owns Fiddler's now is awesome and cater's to sledders.

59'er is shit. Avoid 59'er and give Fiddler's your business.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
fiddlers parking lot must be "way" bigger then i remember,
not positive , but 59er likely has the freshest #1 fuel around from all the sled traffic there

·
Registered
7,348 Posts

Slow down in town. If and when I drive through town late at night I'm crawling along, just about as slow as possible...it's the few guys who tear down the streets who get us in shyte.[/b]
:biggrin: Wasn't me, LOL. I've gone through Oakbank many times, ot this year yet though. I understand that people don't want to hear Braaap Braaaaaaaap at 2 in the AM. When I lived in Niverville there was a similar bylaw, between 10:30 and 6 I think.
So basically the cop just about got hit by the sled? Guy must have been drunk.

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
Oakbank is a PITA to go into anyway. I don't go to Oakbank anymore. I go to Fiddler's Esso and fill up and get groceries. The guy who owns Fiddler's now is awesome and cater's to sledders.

59'er is shit. Avoid 59'er and give Fiddler's your business.[/b]
There is a brand new 8 pump COOP gas station and store that justt opend up on the outskirts of town. No need to go into town to get gas. Will be selling COOP snowmobile oil also soon.

·
Registered
7,348 Posts
There is a brand new 8 pump COOP gas station and store that justt opend up on the outskirts of town. No need to go into town to get gas. Will be selling COOP snowmobile oil also soon.[/b]
North or south? I don't mind getting into Oakbank, just gotta go around it then in from the south if you're coming from 44 (which is the route most people take in). When I go there I stop at the Twin Barrel and then go get gas next door if I need, but if there's a Co-op closer I woudn't mind using my sled to get a little bigger check when they send them out.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
LOL i doubt the guy was drunk he just didnt want to be stoped and given a ticket! Not sayin i condone this but he just didnt feel like gettin a ticket most likly. I dont ride in oak bank so iam safe enyways.

·
Registered
81 Posts
There is a brand new 8 pump COOP gas station and store that justt opend up on the outskirts of town. No need to go into town to get gas. Will be selling COOP snowmobile oil also soon.[/b]

You still have to get from the north side of Oakbank to to the south via the trail. The cops are stopping you at Oakwood Rd and also at Springfield Rd. They won't let you use the trail at all!!! If you see them they want you to go back the way you came (even if you live in town) or take the first mile rd then the next mile Rd and then that takes you around the town.

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
Why there is a SnoMan trail and a bylaw that allows sleds in town. All because of one stupid sledder who tried to run over a cop. Hope they find that jerk and fix him.

·
Registered
663 Posts
To many loser yuppies moving to the country and are really city slickers with nothing better to do than complain. What about the harley's with loud exhaust? Thats a fucken joke. The twin barrel has some sweet waitresses aswell yum yum.

·
Registered
153 Posts
To many loser yuppies moving to the country and are really city slickers with nothing better to do than complain. What about the harley's with loud exhaust? Thats a fucken joke. The twin barrel has some sweet waitresses aswell yum yum.[/b]

I agree with both statements. But hey I'm moving into my new house out their in February so I wouldn't appreciate somebody ruining my snowmobile access from town.

·
Registered
145 Posts
To many loser yuppies moving to the country and are really city slickers with nothing better to do than complain. What about the harley's with loud exhaust? Thats a fucken joke. The twin barrel has some sweet waitresses aswell yum yum.[/b]

Agreed, and unfortunatly the RCMP are actually going into the bar and telling sledders if their not gone by 11:00 they will impound and tow there sleds for breaking the bylaw (which they have already done two weeks ago). Yes, it just takes one or two to ruin it for the masses. Whoever tried to run the cop down got them pissed at all sledders and now they are going after everybody.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I agree with both statements. But hey I'm moving into my new house out their in February so I wouldn't appreciate somebody ruining my snowmobile access from town.[/b]

Unfortunatly that is a very real possibility. It's only a matter of time before somebody gets a motion in front of councel and we're all screwed. This will be a topic of discussion at our next club meeting (Springfield Pathfinders). We've invited the RCMP and the Springfield Constable to attend. If you're interested I suggest you attend as well. Meeting is at the Twin Barrel On January 16th at 7:30 PM in the Basement of the hotel. If anybody on this board is not a member of the Springfield Pathfinders and lives in Town or near town and uses the town services, why dont you join the club. The stronger our membership base is the more councel has to listen to our concerns when this thing does come down to the politics. If anybody want more info about the club PM me.

Thanks,

1 - 20 of 46 Posts