Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Supposed to get 6-8 inches and its snowin like crazy right now!!

Too bad I have to go to Jersey for the weekend!

·
Registered
696 Posts
Zig:
You "EAST" guys are making us "PLAINS" guys sick. We have about 1/2" on the ground right now and the forecast is dry. Enjoy the snow. By the way, I built your cart...nice little item! :D

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope the cart helps, I like it because I can move the sled from grass to the garage and back and it makes it easy to do any adjustments. I hope you like it.

Yeah it seems like its going to be a great winter over here. Much better than last year.

2 years ago there was almost too much snow in VT I have pictures of me up to my armpits after diving into the snow off my sled!!!!

I hope you guys get your share!

·
Registered
827 Posts
some people have all the luck,,

·
Registered
629 Posts
Too much Snow??? Like to much Horsepower... Not possible... If to much snow, I will put the F7 up and break out the MC 900..

NEVER TO MUCH SNOW OR HORSEPOWER

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey, I LOVE snow too, I just don't have a long-tracker (well sort of now with the F7). 4-5 ft of powder is tough with a .850 lug 121 inch track.

P.S. I love snow sooo much I went to home depot and bought pipes, valves and stuff to make my own snowmaker gun!!!!! and it WORKS!!! It doesn't really make much snow but it is cool to stand in your yard and blow a 10ft cloud of snow when cars go by!!!

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Originally posted by ZIG@Dec 6 2002, 09:41 AM
Hey, I LOVE snow too, I just don't have a long-tracker (well sort of now with the F7). 4-5 ft of powder is tough with a .850 lug 121 inch track.

P.S. I love snow sooo much I went to home depot and bought pipes, valves and stuff to make my own snowmaker gun!!!!! and it WORKS!!! It doesn't really make much snow but it is cool to stand in your yard and blow a 10ft cloud of snow when cars go by!!!
Zig,

You are going to MOSTDEFINATLEY going to have to post on how to make one of those! Pictures and all! I thin we all could benefit from one of those puppies!

·
Registered
629 Posts
See I have the best of both worlds, everyday I can ride the F7. and if they powder gets to deep, I out the F7 on the trailer, and fire up the MC900, and the swap really doesn't have you wanting much as the MC900 is 150 HP and a lot of get up. Still like the F7 Better

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Originally posted by Earl McCreary@Dec 6 2002, 09:47 AM
See I have the best of both worlds, everyday I can ride the F7. and if they powder gets to deep, I out the F7 on the trailer, and fire up the MC900, and the swap really doesn't have you wanting much as the MC900 is 150 HP and a lot of get up. Still like the F7 Better
I ENVY YOU! Please donate to the poor!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Originally posted by Nick+Dec 6 2002, 08:49 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Earl McCreary
@Dec 6 2002, 09:47 AM
See I have the best of both worlds,  everyday I can ride the F7.  and if they powder gets to deep, I out the F7 on the trailer, and fire up the MC900, and the swap really doesn't have you wanting much as the MC900 is 150 HP and a lot of get up.  Still like the F7 Better
I ENVY YOU! Please donate to the poor![/b]
I would, but due to owning both, I am poor... I was hoping you could send me some gas money? :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I can make somethin up about the snow gun but it really doesn't make enough to do anything. You need a good compressor and a garden hose. I have left it going and it takes like 10 minutes to put down a good dusting of about a 15 ft X 3 ft area. It was just fun to make and see if I could make some snow!!

If you guys still want to build it let me know, the parts cost like $30 bucks its very simple really.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Well, here is my take on the snow. We own a Snowplowing Company in Stamford. I woke up yesterday morning, Thursday 12/5/02 at about 5:30 am. Got in the truck and started plowing at 9:00 am. Besides one dinner break and one breakfast break, just finished plowing at 9:00 am Friday 12/6/02. Now I am at my regular job and have to work here until at least 2pm.

So that means, when all is said and done. I plowed for about a 24 hour stretch, and have been awake for about 29 hours.

Don't get me wrong, I love the snow. And I really hope Old Forge gets dumped on in the next couple of weeks, so I can stop working and start riding.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Zig,

Please give us the instructions on how to make this. I think it would be neat. Thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I will get a parts list together and post it soon. Like I said it was very simple.

It looks like a big T with about a 1 1/2 ft long vertical pipe for water hose coming from bottom. Ball valve half way up pipe. the horizontal section is for the compressed air and also has a ball valve before the pipe meets the incoming water at the T the other end of the T is the nozzle which is just a brass pipe cap with 3 small 1/16 inch holes for the mixture to spray out of.

I will try to draw up a picture.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
i live in thief river falls and i am sick over all the snow that is misssing us send some truck load up if you can

1 - 17 of 17 Posts