Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
6,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need something to keep my snowflap from getting sucked into my track? Anybody make anything homemade or know of a company that sells a kit for this? Pictures would be great too. I would like something that isn't an eyesore to the sled.

Thanks,

Joel

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
I had that problem all the time until I installed a universal snowflap support. It looks like a big W with the ends coiled. It mounts to the backside of the flap mounting screws. The only downside is it will bend once in a while (rare) if it bottoms on the ground. It only supports about 4" but it holds the flap out. Works well and can't be seen.

found it:
[attachment=281286:561_400_80_5SP.jpg]

looks like it was made by sno-stuff

·
Registered
194 Posts
I cut 2 inches off the bottom of my snowflap. Just did a buddies Polaris after we studded it up. Works perfect[/b]
Thats a great idea! but in the picture why is the sled on the ski runners? I looked and why is the sled in the middle? I know weight but i thought that it doesn't matter if its on the sides

·
Registered
2021 Polaris Matryx 850 Switchback Assault 146
2,713 Posts
I cut 2 inches off the bottom of my snowflap. Just did a buddies Polaris after we studded it up. Works perfect[/b]

Your sled and sliders will run warmer without a snowflap....be carful.....I would use a strap like the racers do

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Here's another pic of what some of us have done (I copied from someone here). Try to contain yourself as you read the snowflap!

The strap is simply a budgee cord, cut to the correct size. Remember to use stainless or alum hardware for rust-proofing. Nylon strapping vs rubber bungee may be better depending on your needs.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
When I trailer over 250 miles each way with one sled I like to put it in the middle. Just personal preference and it makes it easier to see behind you. Now that I have an enclosed I guess it doesn't matter.

·
Registered
673 Posts
The bottom few inchs only stops the roost, cutting a little off the bottom won't hurt anything. I cut 2" off my new flap before I even put it on, at least I can use reverse without pushing it into the track and studs. Also I found with the old one, every time it got backed over it would get sucked up more often.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
The bottom few inchs only stops the roost, cutting a little off the bottom won't hurt anything. I cut 2" off my new flap before I even put it on, at least I can use reverse without pushing it into the track and studs. Also I found with the old one, every time it got backed over it would get sucked up more often.[/b]
Ever ride behind someone with a cut flap??? Espeically if their studded, as most are, they throw A LOT of shit at yeah relative to a non-cut flap.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I had that problem all the time until I installed a universal snowflap support. It looks like a big W with the ends coiled. It mounts to the backside of the flap mounting screws. The only downside is it will bend once in a while (rare) if it bottoms on the ground. It only supports about 4" but it holds the flap out. Works well and can't be seen.

found it:
[attachment=281286:561_400_80_5SP.jpg]

looks like it was made by sno-stuff[/b]

i have same thing, works great, cheap and doesn't hurt appearance.
bungee works also but kind of an eyesore.

·
Registered
4,990 Posts
nylon strap. wrap around bumper down to snoflap and one bolt through the bottom.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts