Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is an old issue for most, but I finally got on the lake for some speed runs and pretty much shredded my snowflap. Sucked in every single run.

Anyone have any good fixes? Trim flap or make bracket? Is AC replacing these flaps?

Thanks!
Arctic2

·
Registered
629 Posts
Snowflap sucking in is common with anything that produces this kind of accelerations. I am cutting off to the reverse line. My brother already did it and it works great. AC makes brackets for this and will help.

·
Registered
797 Posts
i put the W shaped braket on from the cat dealer. They said it wouldnt fit because tunnle is narrower but just bent it a little. works great

·
Administrator
20,843 Posts
Spend $1.50 and get yourself a nylon strap and a rivet. Takes about 2 minutes to install and it works like a charm. Cat is not going to replace a snowflap under warranty.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Strap with rivit, works like a charm. I would like to know though, whom is having problems, is it only the sno-pro's or are standard tracks having the same issues? So far, I have only seen this on the SP type sleds (deeper lug track - vacuum effect )

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Haven't really had this happen in the whole 10 miles that I rode, but am a little confused as to where you rivet the nylon strap onto.

·
Premium Member
1,819 Posts
300 miles on the F7 sno pro and never a problem. I weigh 200lbs if that matters.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I guess maybe more weight would aid in the flap being closer to the ground, negating the vacuum effect to suck the sno-flap in. Just hate it when you park though and your buddy pulls in to close behind and shoves it up your tunnel, man that just ain't right, hoss.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Racer X, mine is a Std track with 170 1.25" studs. Only gets sucked in on high speed runs. I weigh @ 195 and the flap seems to be off the ground just fine.

Thinking I'll trim the flap since it's torn to he!! anyhow. I've had the W brackets from cat before, but would like to try the strap and rivot but don't understand how that works either?? <_<

·
Registered
562 Posts
In principle the strap prevents the flap from rearward movement thereby preventing contact with the lugs and stopping the strap from being pulled into the tunnel. What I did was the following. Go to a home center (Home Depot, Menards, or your local hardware store) Buy nylon strap material approximately 3/4 to 1" wide ( similar to width of your tie-downs) I cut a length of strap to about 18-20" long. On each end I punched holes about 1/4" from the ends. But first sear (open flame) the ends so that you don't fray the nylon with wear. When buying the nylong also purchase a brass of steel eye-let kit, the kit would include brass or steel eye-lets, a punch tool and a flaring tool. Punch holes at the ends of the strap and install the eye-lets. Obtain a long headed 3/16" rivit and on one end (outside) add a large headed washer and on the back side of the snow flap add a back up washer and install accordingly. You can also use a bolt and nut if you would like.... Mine mounted through the flap below the Arctic Cat wording, just for a point of reference. Hope this helps... Good Luck and happy new year.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts