220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Environment Canada's Official Weather Warnings
Watches
City of Winnipeg
4:19 AM CDT Tuesday 4 October 2005
Winter storm watch for
City of Winnipeg issued

The potential for severe winter weather exists over these regions tonight and Wednesday.

A low pressure system is forecast to intensify over Colorado today and then track northeast tonight. It will bring a few showers into southern Manitoba this evening which will develop into an area of rain overnight. As colder air is drawn into the system, the rain over southwestern Manitoba will turn to snow during the night. This changeover from rain to snow will likely Progress eastward across the province, reaching Winnipeg in the afternoon. Strong north winds gusting to 60 or 70 km/h will also affect southern Manitoba.

This storm has yet to form, although the latest analyses show that the ingredients are in place for a strong Colorado low development. It is still uncertain exactly where this low is going to track and how soon the rain will change to snow. The potential is there however for a Major early season snowstorm.

A winter storm watch is an alert of the potential development of severe winter weather. Persons in or near these areas should be prepared for developing adverse weather conditions and should listen for updated watches and possible warnings.

·
Registered
7,348 Posts
Why does my sled have to be in the shop now? :banghead:

And I just brought my Jeep in to the body shop this morning so I have to walk home from work! :banghead:

Sounds good though, just a little teaser to get us ready.

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Snowin like a SOB out there right now..but it's not gonna last past tonight I don't imagine...just another few inches and i'd take the x's sled for a cruise around the yard...:)

·
Registered
238 Posts
Already had a bud ph. and ask if I was ready to ride. well at least it,s boys night and the garage is ready for the sleds. So a few brews and a few laughs and maby look at a few of last winters vids of our rids and playing around.
My wiufe hates it when I walk around with a smile on my face and it,s storming.
To bad it won't stay.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I spent 15 freakin' minutes cleaning snow off the truck this afternoon! :banghead:

( ... and I loved it )

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
how much snow did u guys get? cm or inches

·
Registered
82 Posts
Rode 25 miles on wednesday, it wasn't too bad as long as you picked good fields and stayed away from rock piles. You kinda did sink right to the bottom but after you up to 30 or 40 it wasn't too bad, good to get rid of the early season itch. i don't think i have ever cleaned my carbs and clutches in that short of time ever.....like a little kid.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts