Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SNOW IT FINALLY HAPPENED!! it snowed in vermont! i put on 5 miles around my yard tonight! so skyed. just thought i would let everyone know that, lol. we got aobut 4 inches here. anyone else ride? whats ur snowfall totals?
-kenny

·
Registered
2014 Arctic Cat ZR 6000 RR
622 Posts
Yeah we got about 4-5", I rode in my yard for a bit too. Still gotta break the Cat in. She likes to fly though. I can't WAIT for the trails to open, a groomer went out today.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it was my first ride with my cat too! i was very surprised on how different it was than my prox and xcsp. that 13.5 track really makes a diff. a lot easier to throw around but i did end up putting in on its side once, lol. learning experience...now i know the limits.

·
Registered
2014 Arctic Cat ZR 6000 RR
622 Posts
I almost tipped mine too, just gotta figure out her quirks. It's definitely gonna be fun to get it out and really launch it.

Elmore State Park, here I come!

·
Premium Member
4,791 Posts
it was my first ride with my cat too! i was very surprised on how different it was than my prox and xcsp. that 13.5 track really makes a diff. a lot easier to throw around but i did end up putting in on its side once, lol. learning experience...now i know the limits.[/b]
......I bought my first Firecat last yr and learned quickly that it's tippy.You have to be very active on the sled while trail riding.I learned from a few other HCS'ers that you need to ride up -on the lip of the Cat's gas tank.Throttle control in the corners is different as well.The F-CAT forum has a lot of helpful handling setup info.I made several adjustments last yr but,never tried them because of the snow conditions.GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
201 Posts
All this lovely snow..... and I was stuck in derby yesterday WITHOUT my sled. GROWL! I had a great time, but could have been much better, you know. However, I did basically get permission from my girlfriends father to build a camp on his land in west charleston.... :div20: Mighty happy about that.

·
Registered
73 Posts
We just got back to CT tonight from Wheelock, VT. We had about 8 in of snow and got to ride on old logging roads on our property, sunday. Can't wait to really ride, we just need more snow. :fluffy:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts