Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
there was no snow on the 25th. hoping for some today into tonight and tomorow. but theres still water flowing and mud. mountain tops are colder and I was on a small pond with 3 inches of ice. but still no snow. just enough flurries and rain and warmth to ruin the ice for skating the 24th. the slush froze and the 25th it was rough ice.

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
It is pouring outside my office window right now here in Colchester. Hopefully in the higher elevations and along the spine of the green mountains its more like snow. Also the National Weather Service has issued a winter weather advisory (read it online) calling for snow through to midnight. I guess that'll be somewhere other than here in the Champlain Valley....yesterday coming back from Rutland, it was a bummer to see all the nicely marked trails along RT 7, 116, out through Cornwall without a flake to braapp to!

·
Registered
200 Posts
I just pulled this from Channel 3 website!!!!!

A *WINTER STORM WARNING* is in effect for the Adirondacks, Green Mountains and Northeastern Vermont through Wednesday morning. A *WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY* is in effect for the Champlain Valley through Wendesday morning. A mix of rain and snow will switch over to a heavy, wet snow by Tuesday afternoon. Roads will become slippery and snow covered through the evening with snow totals of 3-6" in the Champlain Valley. Totals will reach 4-8" in the Green Mountains and northeastern Vermont, and 6-12" in the Adirondacks by Wednesday morning. Snow showers will linger on Thursday, with temperatures remaining in the low to mid 30s.

Looks like a good base if it stays cold!!
:luxhello:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.