Hardcore Sledder banner

Snow Totals

2K views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  tonyvt 
#1 ·
Not much here,hopefully big storm on Friday! Springfield ,1 inch.....

#11 ·
:i_need_snow: Isn't it funny how agitated you can get waiting for snow??. At the moment, I would like to rip the heads off all the weather forcasters. Get you all worked up and excited, then, the big let down. Still snowing over here, but hasn't amounted to jack. Maybe 2 inches. (n. of W. Burke) I just saw a report on Boston, 2.5 inches, NY nothing (Manhatten). Can't wait for the news tonight to see how they "splain" themselves. Sooooooooo Depressing! "WAITING FOR WINTER" :wtf: :wtf:

#12 ·
:i_need_snow: Isn't it funny how agitated you can get waiting for snow??. At the moment, I would like to rip the heads off all the weather forcasters. Get you all worked up and excited, then, the big let down. Still snowing over here, but hasn't amounted to jack. Maybe 2 inches. (n. of W. Burke) I just saw a report on Boston, 2.5 inches, NY nothing (Manhatten). Can't wait for the news tonight to see how they "splain" themselves. Sooooooooo Depressing![/b]

Being a weather forecaster is about the only profession I can think of where you can be incorrect or wrong about 50% of the time and still collect a consistent paycheck. Upstate NY was supposed to get 4-8 and we have maybe an inch

#13 ·
Being a weather forecaster is about the only profession I can think of where you can be incorrect or wrong about 50% of the time and still collect a consistent paycheck. Upstate NY was supposed to get 4-8 and we have maybe an inch[/b]
I would disagree.....
the weathermen are usually right on about the temperatures; and right on about when there's going to be precipitation.
Temperatures happen every day. Rain is maybe what - 45-60 days a year, snow is usually under 20 days / year. You never hear people getting pissed that they got only 1/8" of rain when the weathermen forecasted 1/4" of rain......

So - I think overall they do their job fairly well, but when it really matters most is what snowmobilers want to hold their feet to the fire, and thats carving out only 1 aspect of their job, e.g. predicting precipitation AND how much snowfall precipitation......this is the part where we build up so much excitement and are disappointed with the results if it doesnt meet expectation. Not to mention predicting snowfall can vary by 3-6" by moving a few miles, or changing elevation, or concentration areas that change rapidly....

anyways - with that said - wtf! this was supposed to be far more snow. cant they friggin' get it right? they'd be better of saying 2", and then we get wacked with 8" - we'd love 'em more. better to undersell and overdeliver, than vice-versa....!!!!!!

#15 ·
anyways - with that said - wtf! this was supposed to be far more snow. cant they friggin' get it right? they'd be better of saying 2", and then we get wacked with 8" - we'd love 'em more. better to undersell and overdeliver, than vice-versa....!!!!!![/b]

I made my comments in jest really, though I can't remember the last time they said "just a flurry" and we got six inches! I'm waiting for that to happen!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.