Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im actually riding by Trego but wondering about area snow. They haven't gotten anything to freshen it up.
I heard the trails were Good last weekend.

·
Super Moderator
36,525 Posts
I did a 160 mile loop based out of Hayward yesterday. No issue at all with the snow conditions.
2 Groomers were down yesterday, 1 needs repairs, engine I guess, the other was big time stuck. Apparently the mechanical problems happened while trying to pull out the stuck Groomer near Spider Lake.:shithappens:

·
Registered
2005 polaris 700 XC-SP F/O & 1980 Polaris TX-L
1,244 Posts
I too am looking, or keeping an eye on hayward. I have a trip in the books for the weekend of valentine's day to hayward. Hopefully the warm weather predicted for this weekend doesn't hurt the trails.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I too am looking, or keeping an eye on hayward. I have a trip in the books for the weekend of valentine's day to hayward. Hopefully the warm weather predicted for this weekend doesn't hurt the trails.
The trails are still in really nice condition. The entire area would just really benefit from a quick refresh of snow. 2-4" would go along way. I'm sure that will happen by the time you are going.

·
Super Moderator
36,525 Posts
Groomers were pulled off for a couple days in most areas, once it cooled down again they started Grooming once more..some areas do have snirt and could use more snow no doubt about that, but all in all the trails are in quite good shape at this point in the season.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Groomers were pulled off for a couple days in most areas, once it cooled down again they started Grooming once more..some areas do have snirt and could use more snow no doubt about that, but all in all the trails are in quite good shape at this point in the season.
Some groomer may have held off but not all. I for one appreciated the extra grooming being done even during the warm temps.

·
Super Moderator
36,525 Posts
Some groomer may have held off but not all. I for one appreciated the extra grooming being done even during the warm temps.

They don't want to Groom at all during warm weather as the snow balls up behind the Drags like building a snowman, that's the reason they stopped Grooming.

Warm weather Grooming is not a good thing and it can ruin the base.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
They don't want to Groom at all during warm weather as the snow balls up behind the Drags like building a snowman, that's the reason they stopped Grooming.

Warm weather Grooming is not a good thing and it can ruin the base.
I understand that. However grooming wasn't shut down for the weekend and I for one appreciated that effort.

·
Registered
2005 polaris 700 XC-SP F/O & 1980 Polaris TX-L
1,244 Posts
Thanks for today's update Don, and upnorth 17.
I was just going to ask about the trails today. it looks like there could be some more snow coming for early next week. Next Thursday im hoping to be in Hayward. It would be cool if any other members are going to be in hayward the time i will be there, to get together and say hi.
I was hoping to go meet Don and check out his hot sleds.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts