Hardcore Sledder banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
YOU KNOW THAT WE ARE RUNNING OUT OF STUFF TO SAY WHEN THERE ARE TWO PAGES ABOUT SNOWFLAPS. iT SOUNDS LIKE i'M THE ONLY ONE WITH SNOW.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Up here we usually refer to it as "an elephant riding a bar stool". Which is not to be confused with how riding a moped and a fat woman are the same... both fun but hate to get seen on one... :D

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Surprising enough is isn't bad being behind me with the "Radical Trim" job. Even when I was behind my sled riding a friends ZR it was no bid deal at all. <_<

·
Registered
126 Posts
Trimmed mine down not as far as trim job did just follow along the crease already on the flap with sheet metal shears and sand to a perfect finish. It looks good and still has a lot of protection for the poo guys behind you.

·
Registered
171 Posts
i cut mine down to it looks nice but yes i agree i wouldn't want to ride behind on that far cut down.

·
Registered
232 Posts
hey, i cut mine down on the crease, but one question for you guys with some snow, do you have any overheating problems, even after you burped it, i havent rode mine yet i am just curious.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Cut it off looks better and you won't have any problems unless you ride in front of people then use the strap. If you have some one who rides realy close to you then cut it off that will stop them from being on your bumper

·
Registered
772 Posts
ill say it again for the 4000th time...cuting ur flap down to the creased line will NOT EFFECT THE COOLING...the factory CUTS IT DOWN THERE IF U GET REVERSE!!! U HAVE TO HAVE IT CUT THERE IF U HAVE REVERSE...!! the sled doesnt chance when they put reverse on it..do u see ESR sleds or sleds with reverse burning down left and right??? any more then a long flapped sled??? ive done it so far with all 4 of my sleds...96,98,02...and again this years on my firecat..i drove at 45 degrees for a 120 miles with no loose snow all packed and i didnt overheat...of course lack of snow will get ur temp up...i would much rather trim it to the line and make it look nice compared to the beaver tail they give u stock

·
Registered
46 Posts
Your absolutely right Fire Chief you can remove the flap and it won't overheat. Look at the link Rob has about the Polaris overheating problem. I wonder how much weight that exchanger adds ha ha.

·
Registered
772 Posts
i agree jag...common boss...just get a little belt sander action on those corners...looks two tacky...IMO...but its better then the stupid long beaver tail hill climbing flap they give yah stock

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Jesus...I didn't know the rough corners were a problem...now that you have (ALL :D ) broght attention to it, I agree and will take care of those jagged edges.

BTW, when we were in Pittsburg today on our way back down to Coleman State Park we were going up a hill and when I buried the throttle my buddy on his Polaris got about 25 lbs of sh*t thrown at him...my other buddy on the ZR was laughing his ass off...he almost fell off his sled.

After the correct burping and new engine, I just let it warm up for at least 10 minutes till the running boards are both warm and then I am off. Today was the 2nd tank of Gas after the engine replacement and I rode it like I stole it today...105 via GPS on Back Lake and the lake was a nightmare...a lot of slush.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yea i rode 200 miles today up in maine.. towards the end of the day i hit some pretty good bumps and the flap sucked in.. next thing i know the flap is in 3 peices.. damn those chisels i put in it.. heh
but i was killing my buddies pro x 800 from a dead stop to top end.. and killed an xc800 on a 80 mph roll on.. it was sad.. 80 nailed it.. and i never saw another sled near me.. THIS SLED ROCKS!

21 - 37 of 37 Posts