Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if anyone had a problem with the snow flap upon decaleration. ran across a lake last sat about 120 on the speedo and decalerated--- no brake-- and the flap came up into the track. good thing i don't have studs yet!!!
wondering if anyone had this problem -- or if i should do the shortening of the flap??/
thanks!
running
black sabercat f7 non -snopro
1 inch track
coupler on 2

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
you coa also install to little rubber straps one on each side behind the flap,
that is whats on my sno pro 440, sorry i do not have a digital camera to post a picture

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
did you have this problem? it seems like the flap is really loose. and i was going to try some washers first before i went that route. thanks for the suggestion.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Me & my buddy both Got F7 Snopro's. When we went riding HE keeps having the snowflap suck in. I have never had the problem. When I was up north Sunday, there was a TEAM F7 in front of me with the flap IN. He rode about 5 miles before he even turned around to see who was behind him, so I'ts no wonder that he didnt know it was happening :wacko: I pointed to it, and he looked at me & tilted his head (like that stupid puppy you were trying to train :rolleyes: ) Dumbass couldnt figure it out until I got off my sled and pointed directly at his flap. Hmmmm...look normal... shouldnt it be that way ............Ahhh....... SLAP! Get off that sled. You DONT NEED IT.

GOOD DAY SIR! :D

·
Registered
562 Posts
I did exactly what Jay did, works awesome and never have to worry about any potential problem. Usually the only time people might have problems is with the 1.375" track. The track may create a vacuum effect in certain conditions.

Otherwise, its your buddy following too close trying to shove a ski tip up your azz.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Both Good answers :blink:

I replaced mine with a ORANGE FLAP. Maybe your right about being stiffer than the black one :wacko:

Both have snopro (1.375") Sooooo..... with me ridin in front, it would be tough to stick a ski up the poop shute :D Might happen....... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
797 Posts
i had the same problem. I installed the w shaped thing from cat dealer inside of the flap and it works great. had to bend it alittle to make it fit. (its for a 15 inch wide sled but bends easy by hand.) looks better than a strap i think.

·
Registered
962 Posts
How much do you weigh?

I think the lighter crowd is the ones with there flaps getting sucked in cause its just flapping there. Mine touches the ground enuff where the friction holds it off the track.

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Originally posted by dave cat 7@Dec 17 2002, 09:58 PM
jay,
i am asuming this popular strap of yours is homemade?
Jay's looks homemade but the outdoor shop set me up with the snopro flap and should be at my house any day now. Jay's looks good though!

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
slider,
thats why i try to refrain from racing the polaris and ski doo guys, not fair to my f7 it has to pull my big ass around.
never planned on being a horse jockey anyway,

you should see my brother on his zr, he's 6ft-5" and 275, looks like a circus bear on a bike

·
Registered
962 Posts
I saw a guy on an SX 600 yamadog once. He Was prolly like 6`5``+ and was pushing 350 Lbs. Talk about circus bear.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts