Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My snow flap was getting sucked in all day today. Anyone else have this problem and what did u do about it????

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Yup, just I thought maybe I was immune to the snowflap suckage, but I guess not after making several hi-speed runs (100-110!) with the flap getting sucked under almost every time. Glad I didn't have my studded 1.375" track on yet! -- Roy

·
Registered
394 Posts
Whatever you do don't trim it. "SHORT FLAP, SHORT PECKER"
I will post THE fix, a strap from the flap to the bumper, Looks great works better!

·
Registered
772 Posts
SHORT FLAP SHORT PECKER??? what is that all about?? how about short neatly trimed flap on line = looks great and donest suck in...but long flap and woman strap = beaver tail look and ugly... Get a haircut u hippy!!

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
I would recogmend using the snowcross style strap and not to trim it. You will be shooting a big roost if you trim the flap. Unless, I guess, that is your goal! :huh:

·
Registered
772 Posts
well acctually..yes it is...well atleast till i get my ski doo buddy back for the 4 thousand snow showers he has obliterated me with.....but i dont like that long flap they have..ive trimmed every flap i have at the reverse line..besides...if i had reverse i would need to do it anyways...all the factory sleds wiht Reverse comes with them trimmed shorter..

·
Registered
772 Posts
haha fire...naw..all in good fun..u know what rocks about this fourm..well 95 % of us on here are firecat owners..so after all the yelling we can sit back and say "hey...we all rock..we all ride the best" and then we dont have to argue... :ph34r:

·
Registered
269 Posts
I trimmed mine down.last season my cousin kept roosting me with his srx.well all i can say is it's payback time :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
LOL! Good point Sally! Didn't Poo have to install longer flaps on some of their sleds last year to help overheating problems? LOL... all you guys that cut your flaps better go fish the bottom two inches outta' the dumpster and start reattaching them! LOL!!!

·
Registered
269 Posts
good point sally! but ony trimmed 2" off and did check the heat exchangers plenty of snow on them and yes its a good idea when running in marginal snow to run in some powder to get some snow on the exchangers . and as not to infringe on someones property or go where your not permitted B) my 2 cents

·
Registered
477 Posts
The F7 has plenty of cooling no problem with a slightly shorter flap. F7's don't need no damn beaver tail to stay cool like the REV's. B)

·
Registered
485 Posts
:lol: Sucked in snow flap? Can you imagine what an RX1 will sound like getting sucked right through your engine and gettin spit right out the muffler?

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Does anyone know the part # for the sno-flap strap from the '02 sno-pro that was posted a few weeks back. I thought there was a picture as well.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Just make one. I put some 1 inch wide nylon strapping in a loop around the bumper and riveted the ends on the snowflap on my 98 ZR 600 and it's still going strong. B)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts