Hardcore Sledder banner

101 - 110 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
My work only allowed me to ride 12 days this season I logged in 2800+ averaging 230+ per day. If I had another 10 days or so I would be in the 6000 range. I can retire 4 years from now can’t wait.
I'm a 100-150 mile max kind of rider these days. Wisconsin trails are more in the woods with lots of turns making it more of a challenge to put on those types of miles.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I mentioned the bearings as I am interested in the Launch 650. I do almost 7,000 miles a year, and bearings in my SkiDoo's still seem fine at 11,000 to 16,000 miles on my last 3 Doo's without even looking at them. The bearing life of Polaris concerns me. Really would love to run a 650 next season, looks like a fun sled.

mike
Polaris seemed to have a bad batch of bearing in 2017. Anyone with a sled from that year should definitely have them checked out. It seems around 3500-4000 miles they went bad.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Hopefully Polaris reads this about the bearings. I have no heated garage, and am not going to grease the bearings out in the parking lot of some Quebec hotel at -20 F.
But I must give Polaris credit, they are good about creating excitement for their new sleds.

mike

·
Registered
80 Posts
In my opinion. I would never trade my Indy XC for any new SkiDoo. I just can't stand the Doo. I find it to be flat out boring to ride. I hate the ergonomics, my elbows feel like their beside me, my knees and legs feel too bent and cramped. Kinda like riding in the fetal position... I know the Rotax is good engine but I don't like the linear power delivery. I do like the R-motion rear skid but hate riding a boring sled (no fun factor)! Once again, that's my opinion...

So... If I was trying to financially justify a new sled, I doubt a golden ticket of any sort would tip the scales... I just can't justify a new sled period! My '19 Indy only has 2300 miles, zero issues, 2 years of warranty left and is a blast to ride! So, with all that being said, I think I'll go with the Black/red VR1 850, black tunnel, red rails. I just wish I could decide between the 129" and 137".:frantics:
Everyone has their opinion and I don't bash any brand. It's more of what you get used to. I've ridden several new Indy XC's in the past two years, nice sleds, ride a bit different but no noticeable advantage over my Doo or my cousin's new Doo. There are pros and cons to the Polaris and the Doo, bottomline is real even.

·
Registered
2020 Indy XCR 800, 2019 Indy 850, 2011 IQ Turbo
2,705 Posts
You can pop the seal out and repack with grease.
Yep. Takes a bit of work to do, but I don't have to replace many bearings. The other key is to do this in spring, not in fall after the bearings sat with water in them all summer. I don't care how expensive or inexpensive your bearings are, get water in them and they will be junk after 6 months of sitting.

·
Registered
Coming soon 850 VR1 & 650 VR1
1,129 Posts
I just sent in two builds to my dealer.

#1 VR1 850 129
Black/Red Black tunnel
Red rails and spindles
ES
Low shield w/hand guards
1.3 cobra

#2 VR1 650 129
Black/silver Black tunnel
Blue rails and spindles
ES
Low shield w/hand guards
1.3 cobra

Looks like two this year. Going to keep our 20 xcr for a backup/spare for next season.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts

#1 VR1 850 129
Black/Red Black tunnel
Red rails and spindles
ES
Low shield w/hand guards
1.3 cobra

#2 VR1 650 129
Blue rails and spindles
ES
Low shield w/hand guards
1.3 cobra

Looks like two this year. Going to keep our 20 xcr for a backup/spare for next season.
Nice! Not a shabby spare lol.

·
Registered
2021 Polaris VR1 650
137 Posts

#1 VR1 850 129
Black/Red Black tunnel
Red rails and spindles
ES
Low shield w/hand guards
1.3 cobra

#2 VR1 650 129
Blue rails and spindles
ES
Low shield w/hand guards
1.3 cobra

Sportline your dealer? If so I am sure you made Glen's day!

101 - 110 of 110 Posts