Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many items are imported from China for Polaris? Are we going to be waiting again for snow checked sleds?

·
Brand loyal, not brand blind
14,823 Posts
Thats a good question, even more so is: Gm,Ford,Chrysler have shut their plants down. If the poewersports industry follows suit:dunno::dunno:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hate to order then be told, oops, sorry we can't deliver. Drive the used/leftover market through the roof.

·
Administrator
2021 Gade XRS 900T
16,795 Posts
My fear as well that Poo and BRP are going to shut down and we won't get our sleds.

I may not snowcheck this year and see what left overs my dealer has come November or just take the year off. Regardless if I do snowcheck I'm waiting until the last minute to see where the world goes.

I doubt my employer is shutting down, I'm in health care and considered an essential employee, but then we all may need all the cash we have to survive.

We'll know more in the weeks to come.

·
Premium Member
6,544 Posts
Listen up folks , the doors aren't being beat down for sno check this year , no incentives and a price increase with this Corona virus has put a halt on buying so it's not like they will have orders too fill like back in 2019,those are told that supplies are limited beware that it absolute bullshit ! They are saying that too hit there numbers if they hit there numbers polaris gives them a kickback on each sled , DONT BE FOOLED

On a side note and take it for what it is , my dealer is the largest Polaris dealer in Wi as of yesterday they have 10 Matryx VR1s on order that's down omost 60 percent from last year ! yes they push that much volume out the door .

·
Registered
280 Posts
As a posted in another thread, nothing would make my wallet happier than for my dealer to say, sorry we went over our limit, we can’t order you one!

·
Registered
298 Posts
They must be stubborn and willing to take a sharp decline in sales with no golden tickets. Especially during this time.

·
Registered
2021 SBA Matryx 146
309 Posts
They must be stubborn and willing to take a sharp decline in sales with no golden tickets. Especially during this time.
A golden ticket is useless unless you snowcheck in 2022 anyhow...It does nothing for an immediate incentive for this years snowcheck. I don't get why people are so hung up on this golden ticket. You mean you will spend $15K on a sled but shit, you're gonna draw the line at $16K??
RMK's get a golden ticket because they didn't get the following incentives the flat-landers got;
-New guage
-New shocks
-updated plastics
-New brake
-Better footwells
-New head lights
-much better handwarmers...........................................................

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
A golden ticket is useless unless you snowcheck in 2022 anyhow...It does nothing for an immediate incentive for this years snowcheck. I don't get why people are so hung up on this golden ticket. You mean you will spend $15K on a sled but shit, you're gonna draw the line at $16K??
RMK's get a golden ticket because they didn't get the following incentives the flat-landers got;
-New guage
-New shocks
-updated plasticse
-New brake
-Better footwells
-New head lights
-much better handwarmers...........................................................
I agree with all that but golden ticket gave you 1k first year or 500 second or 250 on the third. Thus it went on incentivizing for three years. Only once though.

·
Registered
2021 SBA Matryx 146
309 Posts
I agree with all that but golden ticket gave you 1k first year or 500 second or 250 on the third. Thus it went on incentivizing for three years. Only once though.
I understand the 3 year scaling...
An immediate incentive is what people are looking for, like a free cover, track upgrade, shop credit, etc....A golden ticket is not that immediate shot in the arm that might make someone spend money during this sketchy economy..

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
-New guage
-New shocks
-updated plastics
-New brake
-Better footwells
-New head lights
What it means to me is I've bought a new sled every year for the past 6 years and will probably buy a new sled next year. I've got a very attractive price on a Ski-Doo cause the owner has been after me to buy a sled from them for a number of years. With no snow check for next year it would be worth me buying the Ski-Doo at this point cost wise.

·
Registered
2021 SBA Matryx 146
309 Posts
What it means to me is I've bought a new sled every year for the past 6 years and will probably buy a new sled next year. I've got a very attractive price on a Ski-Doo cause the owner has been after me to buy a sled from them for a number of years. With no snow check for next year it would be worth me buying the Ski-Doo at this point cost wise.
Does ski doo offer you a golden ticket when you snowcheck??
I would definitely go back to my dealer (that you've purchased 6 sleds from in 6 years) and have them work with you!

·
Super Moderator
10,235 Posts
O-O!:shocked:

1 - 20 of 110 Posts