Hardcore Sledder banner
261 - 280 of 299 Posts

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #262 · (Edited)
The dealer I bought my sled from had two identical sleds. He said the sleds are flying off the floor since last week. I bought mine at 9am this morning. He raised all his prices and sold the other one for $1,000 more by the end of the day. So I could sell this sled for more than I paid tomorrow 😂

·
Registered
76 Posts
And actually, the dealer I bought my sled from had two identical sleds. He said the sleds are flying off the floor since last week. I bought mine at 9am this morning. He raised all his prices and sold the other one for $1,000 more by the end of the day. So I could sell this sled for more than I paid tomorrow 😂
True story haha - leftover models are selling for more than my snow-check is gonna cost

·
Registered
490 Posts
A 2021 850 XCR my dealer was trying to sell this past season (in season) for $14,500 is now $16,500 as a leftover. I know some people like to spend $$$ but this will be a $9K sled max in 2 years when the crazy is over.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #266 ·
A 2021 850 XCR my dealer was trying to sell this past season (in season) for $14,500 is now $16,500 as a leftover. I know some people like to spend $$$ but this will be a $9K sled max in 2 years when the crazy is over.
That’s crazy. I bought a 2018 arctic cat zr8000 2 months ago for $11300 OTD. Brand new sled left over. Sold it for $13,000 two weeks later. They had another one so I called to buy it but he had just sold it. Damn!

Bought a 2019 8000rr this morning for $13,250 OTD. Was the owners sled and only has 124 miles on it (things mint). So it is a used sled and not really a leftover but whatever.

However, he had a leftover 2019 8000rr he sold for $14800 (before tax). He listed it on FB market place and sold it in 5 hours.

I’m in good shape with my purchase of I decide to keep it or sell it.

All the Polaris sleds are $1000+ more than comparable cat sleds from what I saw.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #268 ·
I think that $15K cat tops the crazy scale... it would have sold for under $12K new during the 2019 snowcheck.
Yep. I priced one out for snowmagedan or whatever it is 2021 8000rr was like $12250 OTD including Michigan 6% tax. A 2021 6000RXC for $10,500 OTD. I’m still kicking myself for not buying one of those.

·
Registered
20,824 Posts
That’s crazy. I bought a 2018 arctic cat zr8000 2 months ago for $11300 OTD. Brand new sled left over. Sold it for $13,000 two weeks later. They had another one so I called to buy it but he had just sold it. Damn!

Bought a 2019 8000rr this morning for $13,250 OTD. Was the owners sled and only has 124 miles on it (things mint). So it is a used sled and not really a leftover but whatever.

However, he had a leftover 2019 8000rr he sold for $14800 (before tax). He listed it on FB market place and sold it in 5 hours.

I’m in good shape with my purchase of I decide to keep it or sell it.

All the Polaris sleds are $1000+ more than comparable cat sleds from what I saw.
How many miles were on that rr he sold in 5 hours? I am trying to off load mine

·
Registered
223 Posts
Snow checked 650/XC137 base model. E-mail said Dec.15 delivery. Freeze up usually early Dec. Couple of days to stud and mount racks, chainsaw, and ax holder. And we are off!

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Anyone know if we getting any swag this year? I’d rather have sled in a timely manner….but just curious.

Reactions: apodach

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Far from freaking out. I’ve been doing the Christmas snowmobile trip with family for 20 years. I’m not going to miss it this year. I could sit here and wait in hopes to get it, and if I don’t just keep sitting here and waiting while the fam goes on the trip. I don’t hunt or ski, so that doesn’t help.

Fortunately, funds are not an issue so one can call it over paying, I call it cheap insurance I won’t miss my family trip.

🍻
For basically the same reason.......I always keep two sleds. I don't ever want to sit on the sidelines of a riding weekend with good snow. It also lessons the blow of trying to sell a one year old sled in the years we used to take a big hit in depreciation. Hopefully those times are gone for awhile.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #273 ·
How many miles were on that rr he sold in 5 hours? I am trying to off load mine
Zero miles. It was a brand new leftover. Small dealer that doesn’t get much exposure. A worker started putting them on FB and bam… they’re all selling like hot cakes.

How many miles are on yours? I’m almost positive he has another used 2019 8000rr with 2000 miles listed for $13300 I believe.

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
For basically the same reason.......I always keep two sleds. I don't ever want to sit on the sidelines of a riding weekend with good snow. It also lessons the blow of trying to sell a one year old sled in the years we used to take a big hit in depreciation. Hopefully those times are gone for awhile.
I missed out on 6 day back pack trip a few years ago because of a faulty thermostat on my sidewinder....since then I've decided I will always have a 2 sleds in the garage. My kids starting to ride with as well...so they get used for that the odd time too.

·
Registered
20,824 Posts
Zero miles. It was a brand new leftover. Small dealer that doesn’t get much exposure. A worker started putting them on FB and bam… they’re all selling like hot cakes.

How many miles are on yours? I’m almost positive he has another used 2019 8000rr with 2000 miles listed for $13300 I believe.
I haven’t fired it up in a while. Like 1200 miles. I have listed for 12,500 but no calls on it yet.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I received a call from my dealer in MI ;last week and he said that the sled we ordered for my wife (indy 650 VR1 137") is expected to ship around December 15th and will hopefully ship complete. We have held onto her current sled just in case and actually one of our daughters may have some time to ride this winter as well so probably will keep it for now. Good luck with everyone's orders and think mega snowy winter!

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
I received a call from my dealer in MI ;last week and he said that the sled we ordered for my wife (indy 650 VR1 137") is expected to ship around December 15th and will hopefully ship complete. We have held onto her current sled just in case and actually one of our daughters may have some time to ride this winter as well so probably will keep it for now. Good luck with everyone's orders and think mega snowy winter!
that's what i'm talking about

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #280 ·
what dealer?

261 - 280 of 299 Posts