Hardcore Sledder banner
241 - 260 of 299 Posts

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
I feel Polaris should be offering the same to anyone who does not have a sled by 12/15 that is complete and to spec the way it was ordered.
I would assume ANY dealer will happily give back the $500 deposit so they can have another unit to sell.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I feel Polaris should be offering the same to anyone who does not have a sled by 12/15 that is complete and to spec the way it was ordered. The OEMs, in this case Doo would probably be happy if many just through in the towel on the 22 sled. Would be less sleds to worry about building, or build "on time" and would allow them to have more completed sleds on the snow, then just worry about 2023 as the chips fall for that model run.
This is just Skidoo throwing in the towel. I would rather Polaris do everything possible to get the sled we ordered to us by December 15th. I very optimistic we are going to be seeing sleds before the riding season in the Midwest based on the Polaris email and what Northstarrick has mentioned. My best guess based off everything said this year and past history.....Mountain sleds, XCR's and VR1's should be shipped first. Guys ordering those sleds tend to be the ones who order on a regular basis. Those ordering stock sleds (XC's) will likely be the last ones.

·
Registered
2022 Polaris XC650 - 129, 1979 Yamaha Enticer 340
16 Posts
I’d be very happy with that. I’d just cancel, get my refund, and purchase a leftover. See how next year looks and make my decision on what to do come April.
I thought about doing this, but the leftovers have less of a warranty and are more money than what I paid for a 2022 (I was $500 under MSRP w/ ES, Mid Windshield, Custom colors, etc). I'm gonna have to wait it out until Mid January

·
Registered
76 Posts
@UpNorth17 is correct. My XC will be last. I spring ordered a XC650 because I wanted the QS3's and have a date of 1/15. It looks like those will be the last to be delivered.
Same here - ordered an XC because the QS3’s should great on that sled and don’t need 20 clicks. I’ll never use and didn’t need the GPS so the display is nothing to me. Not complaining about my date - is what it is, I have a sled to ride til then so my season isn’t affected but they should cycle models in the build schedule and spread them out. I’ll play devils advocate here - if there are fewer XC’s to build then get them done first and then worry about the masses of models with the highest quantities, spread the parts and resources out

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #247 ·
I thought about doing this, but the leftovers have less of a warranty and are more money than what I paid for a 2022 (I was $500 under MSRP w/ ES, Mid Windshield, Custom colors, etc). I'm gonna have to wait it out until Mid January
If you have a sled to ride just in case, then yea it’s a no brainer. If not, there’s no way I’d chance it. While I believe they’re doing their best to get them out for us, a lot of things are out of their hands.

There’s no warranty, color combo, or option on a snowmobile that replaces the missed ride time and memories made.

I ordered a 22’ xcr loaded up also. But being we didn’t receive an alternative option like the doo folks, I purchased a leftover yesterday just incase.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Same here - ordered an XC because the QS3’s should great on that sled and don’t need 20 clicks. I’ll never use and didn’t need the GPS so the display is nothing to me. Not complaining about my date - is what it is, I have a sled to ride til then so my season isn’t affected but they should cycle models in the build schedule and spread them out. I’ll play devils advocate here - if there are fewer XC’s to build then get them done first and then worry about the masses of models with the highest quantities, spread the parts and resources out
I had a doo rep tell me setting up the "tooling" is a process and changing over requires time to do so.

I've had several seasons (last year as I missed opening day) that started late. If you need to stud the track and install other stuff you'll be working late in the garage.

Like another member posted "I'll be working on it in the trailer on the drive up" or something to that effect :cool:

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #251 ·
Left overs won't be shipped til February so still %&$*;$

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk
Huh? I bought a 2020 yesterday. There's a lot of sleds available right now. No they're not cheap, no great incentives, warranties, etc.. but ill be on the trails as soon as mother nature allows. I also wont think about the "what if" anymore. I knew better than to sell my 2021 VR1 before the 22 came in but hindsight is always 2020.

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
I did not get the email on my XCR. I contacted my dealer. They replied all their Snow Check sleds by December 15th floor models in February (Subject to change)

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
I did not get the email on my XCR. I contacted my dealer. They replied all their Snow Check sleds by December 15th floor models in February (Subject to change)
Crossing my fingers for ya

·
Registered
2022 Polaris Indy XC 650 137...2017 Ski-Doo renegade 900...
46 Posts
The email I got said that I'm supposed to have my 2022 ,XC650 137 and any other parts at the dealer by December 15th 2021... Kind of weird some have been sent the message of January 15th for the same sled...

·
Registered
2022 Polaris XC650 - 129, 1979 Yamaha Enticer 340
16 Posts
If you have a sled to ride just in case, then yea it’s a no brainer. If not, there’s no way I’d chance it. While I believe they’re doing their best to get them out for us, a lot of things are out of their hands.

There’s no warranty, color combo, or option on a snowmobile that replaces the missed ride time and memories made.

I ordered a 22’ xcr loaded up also. But being we didn’t receive an alternative option like the doo folks, I purchased a leftover yesterday just incase.
I don't have another sled to ride (well minus my local beater sled). I'll just concentrate on hunting in December, go skiing a few times in January, and be happy to save the thousands of dollars for not freaking out and over paying for a leftover. Life is different for all of us though, I can't justify spending $30,000+ on two brand new sleds for the memories. Good for you though bud

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
my xc850 std gauge fox shocks email said said by 12/15
i would be interested to know how Polaris prioritizes deliveries to different regions/dealerships. I believe Ziemann ordered his sled from a dealer in Duluth, MN. What is that like 3-4 hours from Roseau, MN? You would think it shouldnt take to long on the semi.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
YUP, Riding is expensive!
All I'm gonna say is considering what alot of us are going through at work not being able to get materials, and household items that are 100% necessary being hard to get parts for, I'm not sure how anyone can logically be upset with the sled manufacturers for what is going on, your frustrations should definitely be directed elsewhere. And yes, i have a sled on order and it is honest to God the least of my worries with everything that is going on! Poo, Doo, cat, Yamaha, they are all doing a good job. And if you can't deal with it, as others have said, dealers will be more than happy to give your deposit back, you can bet on that! A riding pal picked up an 8000 RR the other day someone backed out if ..$18,700, that's like 20% over retail. Sure the dealer had no trouble coughing up 500 to make 4,000... Just saying.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #260 ·
I don't have another sled to ride (well minus my local beater sled). I'll just concentrate on hunting in December, go skiing a few times in January, and be happy to save the thousands of dollars for not freaking out and over paying for a leftover. Life is different for all of us though, I can't justify spending $30,000+ on two brand new sleds for the memories. Good for you though bud
Far from freaking out. I’ve been doing the Christmas snowmobile trip with family for 20 years. I’m not going to miss it this year. I could sit here and wait in hopes to get it, and if I don’t just keep sitting here and waiting while the fam goes on the trip. I don’t hunt or ski, so that doesn’t help.

Fortunately, funds are not an issue so one can call it over paying, I call it cheap insurance I won’t miss my family trip.

🍻

241 - 260 of 299 Posts