Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone rode both of them I'm going to snow check one but haven's rode either I know this is a cat forum so people are going to be opinionated,just wondering if anyone had an f6 on here.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Ive ridden them both & its all in what u like I like the cat but I guess Rev would be a good for a different style ridding Ride them both & buy what u like Its your money & U have to be happy with what u bought I would never buy just because me or someone else says its best Maybe for me but not for you Luck in your buying

·
Registered
477 Posts
Rev is a good bump machine and probably handles better than a stock F series in the twisties but the F6 is faster and pulls harder than the HO. Depends on your riding style.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Originally posted by Thumper@Jan 31 2003, 03:07 AM
Rev is a good bump machine and probably handles better than a stock F series in the twisties but the F6 is faster and pulls harder than the HO. Depends on your riding style.
Thump......have you seen the two run? no f6's around here yet but I'd like to line up with one w/ my HO.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Have'nt lined up with a H/O but I beat a Rev 800 w/ my bone stock F7 last week in Old Forge. He kept trying but quit after 5 times. Same with the guy who had an RX-1ton. Got him off the line and they never got close. The only one who did was my buddy, who also has an F7(both are SP's), but he dropped $700.00 on a D&D timing key, V force reeds and a D&D clutch kit. I beat him EVERY time. He even got me off the line once, by I passed him at about 500 ft, so if you ask me, don't waste your money on engine performance items on this thing. It does not need it! -_-

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Originally posted by Catatonic+Jan 31 2003, 06:21 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Thumper
@Jan 31 2003, 03:07 AM
Thump......have you seen the two run? no f6's around here yet but I'd like to line up with one w/ my HO.[/b]
my dealer said the F5 will destroy the rev 600h.o. so i can imagine what the F6 will do. he sells ski-doos and arctic cats and his personal ride is an F7.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Don't believe all the hype on the REV, great machine but it's not perfect either. I have three friends with REV's and they all like the precision of the F-Cat front end better. The stock SKi's on the REV are junk for agressive riders. I love the seating position of the REV, enough to make me almost buy one. But I like the F-Cat's better front end, Narrow track, longer wheelbase and awesome power. The sled is more stable at high speed over bumps as it pitches less and is more stable on jumps. To make mine like a REV I've put on a 6" Riser, will order a 2" higher Boss Flattop seat, use the brackets from the '03 440 to raise the back another 2.5". The seat and the brackets comibined should give about 4.5" in total rise which should make ergo's roughly the same as the REV. To me this will be the ultimate(and still a lot cheaper than a REV).

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Sorry boyz but the F5 will not destroy the rev 600. Talking about a pipe dream!

the F6 is faster and pulls harder than the HO. Depends on your riding style.[/b]
HOw do you know this??
The rev 600 is very very impressive power wise!!

Like byoffcr said, ride them both. If you can put a good amount of miles on the rev, it takes more than a mile or two to determine if the Rev is for you.
I own both a rev 600 and a f7.
Neither sled is for everyone, try them and figure out which one best suits your style. They are both great sleds in their own right!
Good luck.

·
Registered
58 Posts
morosond you said you raised rear end with 440 bracket, you mean lower the suspenion, if so do you lower the front of the suspension also. A part # would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
780 Posts
Bones, haven't done it yet but I think you need 2706-234 and 2706-235 these are the reinforcing brackets behind the tunnel mounting brackets. If you look inside the tunnel, their is another hole in the bracket the front arm goes through that is about .75" lower. Apparently the brackets are back ordered.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Originally posted by john edwards@Jan 31 2003, 07:07 AM
Have'nt lined up with a H/O but I beat a Rev 800 w/ my bone stock F7 last week in Old Forge. He kept trying but quit after 5 times. Same with the guy who had an RX-1ton. Got him off the line and they never got close. The only one who did was my buddy, who also has an F7(both are SP's), but he dropped $700.00 on a D&D timing key, V force reeds and a D&D clutch kit. I beat him EVERY time. He even got me off the line once, by I passed him at about 500 ft, so if you ask me, don't waste your money on engine performance items on this thing. It does not need it! -_-
john I don't agree. I think you can gain more performance, but it just depends how you spend your money.

I added a clutch kit and Speedwerx Air Intake from Dan at the Outdoor Shop, raced two Standard F7's stock (my friends) up at Raquette Lake and they couldn't beat me. Had them by a sled or two every time in about 1000-1500 feet or so.

But I guess if I was your friend, I would be really mad, that he did all that to his sled and you are still faster.

Oh Well. That's life

·
Registered
208 Posts
To me this decision is more about price and how good your competing dealers are as far making you number 1! Both are excellent choices! I'm with Cat because of price and my dealer.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Take out the +3 key & he probeley beat u or throow away the so called clutch kit & leave in the reeds & it will be faster

·
Registered
477 Posts
Originally posted by Catatonic+Jan 31 2003, 06:21 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Thumper
Thump......have you seen the two run? no f6's around here yet but I'd like to line up with one w/ my HO.[/b]
Hey Tonic good to hear ya. Yes, have seen the dual in person. I was riding the F6. Pulled the HO out of the hole by a length or two and then began to finger walk away. Cannot speak for the state of tune of the HO but from what I saw they were pretty close. I plan on putting some serious seat time on the REV tomorrow. I believe it to be interesting. As for the F5 beating up a 600 HO REV, sorry doesn't happen, more dealer bullshit.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Originally posted by Thumper+Feb 1 2003, 02:55 AM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 31 2003, 06:21 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Thumper

Thump......have you seen the two run? no f6's around here yet but I'd like to line up with one w/ my HO.
Hey Tonic good to hear ya. Yes, have seen the dual in person. I was riding the F6. Pulled the HO out of the hole by a length or two and then began to finger walk away. Cannot speak for the state of tune of the HO but from what I saw they were pretty close. I plan on putting some serious seat time on the REV tomorrow. I believe it to be interesting. As for the F5 beating up a 600 HO REV, sorry doesn't happen, more dealer bullshit.[/b]
Thanks Bud.....I knew you'd give me the real deal.
No f6's around here yet but i 'd like to see one run.
My HO seems to run real well for 600 but its still a 600. I havent ridden an f5 myself but they arent close on ice to the HO from what I've seen....I was impressed with my buds F7......Only thing I didnt like was the "headshake" when I chopped throttle at high speed.....needs to be adjusted out.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Originally posted by otterbob+Jan 31 2003, 08:04 AM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 31 2003, 06:21 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Thumper

my dealer said the F5 will destroy the rev 600h.o. so i can imagine what the F6 will do. he sells ski-doos and arctic cats and his personal ride is an F7.[/b]
Your dealer is feeding you shit.....Lets call a spade a spade.
Im very impressed withe the power of the F7. Im also impressed with the power of My HO......the F5 hasnt set the world on fire like its big brother......Fast for a 500 but not slamming sleds 100-200cc's bigger like the F7.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts