Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while back I posted how I was getting killed on loose packed/lake ice and that was with 102 1.075 Woodys on a standard track. This weekend on the same type of set up I was able to beat sabercat7 off the line every time with his unstudded Snopro track...this was shocking to me as F5snopro and his super sled :D with the Snopro track always pulled me off the line...along with most everyone he races...so now I am confused...is it the extra power of the F7 that blows the traction...even with the SnoPro track?

I am concerned b/c I am slated to get my SnoPro track via Ebay put on this Thursday and I don't feel like getting my ass handed to me all over again when racing off the line...so any feedback will be helpful.

What are post people doing as far as studding their F7 SnoPros? Woodys 1450 Megabites seems to be the norm...153 pattern???

Thanks for any help! :)

·
Registered
298 Posts
boss

i run the sp track with woody 1450's on loose or hardpack it rips and can only be beat by another f7. on ice the track spin kills me with no studs on the outside and middle your done. plus the 1450's don't stick that far out so you can't hook up that great on ice. good thing is i have 1200 hard miles not one bent stud!

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Try saber traction.com for their specific F7 sno pro studs and pattern. If nothing else you'll have another opinion , but i really like mine.

·
Premium Member
2014 XF800 137
4,046 Posts
This is my sno pro track with 144 fast-trac 1.50 with single backers.

·
Registered
861 Posts
144 Woodys Pattern with the 1450 Megabites.
After a spill turning off an icy road, the studs went in. I had never studded before, but this SP track seems to like to move more sitting up on the longer lugs.
Sled hooks up great now, and is very solid in the turns and braking.

Kevin

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All great info...thanks to all.

I am hopefully going to have the track on for this weekend. I won't be able to stud it yet...but what I want to know is out of everyone who has a Snopro track and picks...is there any one who doesn't like em...IE, is there one reason why, if I like my tracks picked, I would not want to stud this track...and it sounds like the 1.450 studs are the way to go...

Thanks again! :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Had D&D stud my F-7 1inch track standard. Had trouble hooking up before raced about 30 sleds this week end maybe more beat them all the really quick ones because I took them out of the hole. Only about 700 feet(short lake) Try it you'll like it.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Gary,

I already have 102 Woodys 1.075s in my Standard track. I love studs, but I am hearing mixed reviews on whether or not to stud the Sno Pro Track.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Save your money
All you need is 96 mega-bite's 14.50 in length, anything longer and your risking tunnel damage!
That is the only stud made from woody's for the snopro track.
I smoke people all the time with more studs than I have, on glare ice you will probably get beat against somebody with more studs.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts