Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright i have came to a conclusion that this "snopro package" is PATHETIC this suspensions in these sleds cant not take SHI$ when riding hard it ALWAYS bottoms out extremly HARD and jus cant take the beating i was hoping it would i like to jump and ditch bang and trail ride hard and this thing has cost me already over 300$ in suspension parts trying to get something done with the shocks and the setup was told by my dealer that they had put sno pro valving in my shocks and was LIED to and they only put the 20% stiffer kit on with out telling me :angry: i just hope cat does something different if they offer the sno pro package cause i am very unsatisfied with this heap engine power is great though just wish i had a suspension that could hold up :(

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
Get a 02 440 if you want the ultimate insurance against bottoming. I think it would break my back before it bottomed, and it will SMOKE your 500. OK maybe just beat it by a little bit.

Cat S.

·
Registered
4 Posts
:D

I was just talking about this today :lol: I must be a TOTAL wimp because I've bottomed my F7 snopro out about 5 times in 5000 miles :D :lol: :D :wacko:

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
HEY,how can you come on here and rip on the snopro suspension ,when you dont even have it?!admitingly!I have it!I'll admit,it could be stiffer in some regards and softer on othersBut be fair and call a spade a spade :D

·
Registered
146 Posts
:eek: I think the sno-pro suspension is SWEET this year. I weigh over 200lbs
and very,very rarely do I bottom this thing. I love to drive hard and hit the
biggest jumps there are to hit. Compared to my last year's Cross Country
it is absolutely awesome. I would still take the cross link if they offered it
though!!!! :)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im not ripping the sno pro suspension im ripping the rippin on the useless one that came with the "snopro package" which really isnt the sno pro suspension its just a cheap knock off :angry:

·
Registered
211 Posts
I bought a standard 7 and wish I had bought the SP. I've considered installing the stiffer spring kit and re-valveing but I'm not sure that it's going to do much good. If I rail through the whoops it bottoms out and rebounds me into space. I jump it but have that nervous feeling about it's limits, I hate getting spit off. Still dig the sled ..............

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
snopro28x,
the sleds are set up for "general" public and because it has a snopro package does not make it a true snopro , you need to do some mods to get it close. first and foremost you need to send out your shocks to people that know shocks, not just a dealer that throws them together and recharges them. you need to call companies like CARVER, SHOCK THERAPY RACING , or FETT BROS. . these people can get your sled dialed in perfectly for how you ride and your weight and also recommend springs if needed . as for the pv cables, mine have not fallen off since a small dab of silicone was put on the back of the cable reel. id also find another dealer if they cant help you . good luck and ill help ya put if possible. :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Seriously SnoPro,

Like others have mentioned, these sleds are still used by the general public. Unless I'm mistaken, you want to use as much suspension travel as you can--within limit. Bottoming occasionally is better than having a suspension that is much too stiff. Remember how many people blasted A-C for the cross country package on ZRs of old? Many so-called "hardcore" riders bought the package and then continually pissed and moaned because it was too stiff. Sounds like you need to find a better dealer or a performance shop that can handle your problem.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
this is my post from another topic http://www.firecat.info/index.php?act=ST&f=2&t=5499 but it goes with this

i agree! if polaris would have came out with a new chassis or styling i could possibly be riding polaris, but since they stil have the old body work and stuff and they seem very big and wide compared to the smaller firecat but they have the right idea. They basically dropped an 800 engine into their 440 chassis this means a tough sled that can take better abuse than the so called "x package" or "snopro" sleds that arent to stiff because trail riders will buy them and then complain of it being to stiff.

PEOPLE need to remember they should not buy these type of sleds if they arent going to ride them how they are designed to! it would be like tucker riding a zl in snowcross, it doesnt fit so riding a proxr or any other stiff sled in the trails probbaly isnt the smartest thing because it will be too stiff. im sure polaris is gonna get some trail riders complain that the proxr is too stiff for them!

·
Registered
5 Posts
alright, you guys keep complaining that these shocks are terrible in the sno pro package. they are very similar to a factory snopro except maybe they have a smaller rod and aren't valved as heavy plus they are cheaper $$ wise. take your shocks to your local dealer and have them valve em' like a sno pro. vavling is just a bunch of thin flex washers installed to baffle the oil as it goes through the piston...add a washer and it becomes stiffer, pretty simple.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I'm not sure what to think of this Snopro package either. I read these posts and everyone is complianing of this package being to soft. I think just the opposite.
I was told that this years snopro was valved stiffer then last years zr cross country sled. I'm looking for a zr ride. Haven't found it yet in the snopro.
In the past I've installed stiffer springs in the rear on my zr's. When I bought the F7 I went with the snopro package because I wanted the longer lug track and I thought the springs that I've bought for the zr's will come with the snopro. What a mistake! This is the roughest riding machine I've ever been on.
I'm a cross country/ditchbanger kind of rider. At my size I'm not into much jumping. This thing is way to harsh for my riding style. When I see bumps comeing I think, "This is going to hurt!" I'm like Rob, I've only bottomed the rear maybe twice in 912 miles.
I started to wonder all this writing about the "soft ride" is actually to stiff and harsh of a ride. If anyone has any comments on revalving, I'm all ears.

·
Registered
174 Posts
1-3/8" track, reservoir shocks, and heavier springs is what you get for your extra $400.00 bucks. Not a bad deal, stop your whining, if the sled isn't what you want then spend more $$ and make it what you want. I have a standard F7 and switched and rode my buddies F7 sno-pro. The Sno pro is stiffer. He weighs 60 pounds more than me and he is softening his rear torsion springs. I can't honestley say which is better. The ride quality of the standard is better, but the sno-pro lands jumps better. Tough call.

Let me know when they make a sled that fits everybodies needs out of the box, I'd like to see one.

·
Registered
395 Posts
:huh: Man, sometimes I wonder. Like previous posts indicated, it's a consumer sled. Before I snochecked my sled last year , I wasn't sure as to what suspension pkg. to get. So I called AC and spoke to their racing dept. directly and asked about the valving on the Sno Pro pkg. Now, I have an 01' sno pro from Black Magic with the race suspension and valving. It's stiff! I have not bottomed that setup yet, but I'm not a jumper either. The F7 sno pro suspension was to be valved just a tad stiffer than the cross country setup on the ZR's. That was OK with me. So I got the sno pro pkg. and it's not nearly as stiff as my 01'. Just revalve the damn things, and quit whining!!

I'm in agreement with some others here, there's a bit too much whining on this site. :angry:

·
Registered
203 Posts
No whining going on here! Just looking for some advice. How to revalve. My dealer doesn't know how to revalve this shocks. He told me there different from last year and had to get some valving kits in.
I don't really want to send them out. I'd be without a machine for a week. Riding season's getting short now.
If anyone out there has revalved to loosen there F7 up, what is it that you did exactly? Take washers out, replaced the orfice, what? I'm looking for advise. Not whining.
Is it true that the shocks on a snopro are actually Fox shocks and the ones on a standard model are ACT shocks not made by Cat or Fox?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Perhaps it is you and not Cat that is in errror here. Cat valves the suspension to suit 90% of the aggressive trail riders. Would it make sense for them to build a sled that suited the one percenters who need an ultra aggressive suspension package and piss 90 % of the other buyers off? If you are looking for a true Snopro setup you will not see it in the consumer model regardless of name. For those of you thinking you are gonna buy the Poo 800 Race replica next year and it will be valved just like the Sno Xers you are in for a surprise also. If the suspension is not stiff enough for you simlpy get it set up so it is, as mentioned. Cat builds the sled to appeal to the widest range of riders if you don't like it - change it, don't bitch at them for that. I could see it if it was wussy soft but it is not.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I too was a little dissapointed with the "sno-pro" suspenstion, I expected 5/8" shafts for sure. As you may know this suspenstion is not even close to the race sleds (believe me we have 3 of them) but, 95% of the public would not like how they ride on the trail. If you like to jump put the X-link in but it is not any good for high speed scudder bumps ect. it just dosn't react fast enough through those long hoses. your setup now is much better for those conditions. I suggest you install the 440 sno-pro springs (all) and revalve your shocks front and rear, and install mounting plates (in tunnel) like on 440. This will make your F-cat ride the way you want it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts