Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I just had a SnoCap installed on m 20' Trailer, I went with the 72" since I'm 5'11" and don't have to duck.
The Prop Pole that comes with it lays on the floor between the sleds when the front is closed. They sell a gas version but it still mounts on the floor between the sleds, I know one of these trips somebody will walk int it and bend the pole. Anyway, has any body put the gas shocks on that are similar to ones that are on a big SUV rear hatch ? If so what was the lifting lbs of the shock and how did you mount it.

Thanks all
Strocker

·
Registered
2012 TZ1 Touring
1,105 Posts
Most tilt trailers use the gas shocks on the sides. Take a look at a couple of those, see how they mount. You are going to want to see if you can buy the mounting parts for both ends, and take some measurements to get them in the right place.

My 12 tilt came with I think 135 LB shocks. I think this level is considered as heavy duty for a 10 footer, and light duty for a 12 footer. One of mine was really weak, I replaced them both with 154 LB shock, which are listed a heavy duty for a 12 footer.

It' important to get the mounts in the right place to get proper leverage.

·
Registered
2012 TZ1 Touring
1,105 Posts
Ahh - Got the wrong type of trailer. You may need to estimate weight, and figure out the mounting deal. Again, have a look at a tilt trailer, will likely be a good reference.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts