Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be running junior 440 liquid class this coming winter but I still am unsure as to what to get, hopefully someone can help me out. I've pretty much narrowed it down to either a Firecat 440 sno pro, or the Rev 440. I realized some of the pro's and cons for both, even though I haven't ridden either.

Sno Pro:

Cons - Doesn't seem as at home on the track as the rev.
- I will be buying used and probably will only be able to afford an '02 which I am aware had many problems.

Pros - Very comfortable with the type of ride, since I already have an F5 that I've been running hard all year.

Rev:

Cons - A little weird having two different brand sleds.
- Have never ridden one and from what I've heard it takes a while to get used to.

Pros - As said before, looks like it handles the track alot smoother than the Sno Pro's.
- Very few FIRST YEAR reported problems [ financial situation forces me to be buying older or used model. ]

I am having a tough choice as to what to get, what do you guys think I should do?

·
Premium Member
3,765 Posts
well.............you are on a cat site............so i would assume you will
get a lot more votes for the cat!!!!!!!!!
besides......if you get real good.
you can take tuckers place......and kick morgan's ass!!!!!!!!!!
OH...i almost forgot..........i vote for a cat!!!!!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I'm not expecting to get many FACTUAL opinions because of it being a cat site. Although alot of people are talking about getting Rev's, so I hoped some people could give some non biased opinions.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Get the Rev 440 if your getting used.The 02 Sno Pro will not be very competetive next year let alone a 03 Sno Pro.The Rev will really shine if your a average rider getting into Sno-X.Yeah the Sno Pros are fast but take some work to get them to handle well.I have heard of no major failures with the Revs & the 03 Sno Pros have been average.

Just to let you know I have raced Sno Pros for 2 years & am applying for a 04 Rev440 next year.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Personally i would go with a rev ifor racing. I have not heard anything bad about them and why do you think everyone is trying to copy there design? because it works better! did you see kent ipsens or tj gullas sleds? under the cab they had a prymidal frame just like the rev because there are trying to move the rider even more foward, and the bars are pushed a head into the cab the they need the support so they use a pyrimid to the frame.

Here is a pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
yea i have this buddy that tried racing hios f7 in sno cross ( after setting up for drags ) .........

so he went out and bought a doo doo 440, pathetic.... its not the brand, its the rider.....

id love to have a 440 sno pro, i watch this one racer in town ( d. robinson ) race every other weekend ( sno pro 440 ) against 4 doo doos.... he wins most, not bad odds.....

im gonna race my f7 in sno cross next year, hit the course today, hard, no problems

·
Registered
544 Posts
Originally posted by Davey_Boy@Mar 23 2003, 08:43 PM
Personally i would go with a rev ifor racing. I have not heard anything bad about them and why do you think everyone is trying to copy there design? because it works better! did you see kent ipsens or tj gullas sleds? under the cab they had a prymidal frame just like the rev because there are trying to move the rider even more foward, and the bars are pushed a head into the cab the they need the support so they use a pyrimid to the frame.

Here is a pic.
Davey, That frame is there cause there is no fuel tank to support the bars. Those bars are farther back than I would have expected. Yes I agree, that type of frame is stronger, but its really not changing driver position that much at all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts