Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard some talk on the sno tek engine mount for better engine alignment. What is it and how does it work?

·
Registered
635 Posts
Mine worked good for awhile,then it broke.The link is rugged but the mount is weak,broke at the "L" that clamps around the square rail.Sno-Tek has replaced the mount since this post.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does anyone know of others that work? Torque arm? My zrt 800 worked great with torque arm. I am not sure what works best with the dd set up as far as a strong and reliable set up.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Slp has a far better torque link and it mounts where you need it most!! PTO side :beerchug:

·
Registered
309 Posts
From what I heard when investigating this.. The slp will shake the hell out of your handle bars.. That's why I went with the snow tek.. I have it in a box here on my desk ready to install.. As far as the bracket breaking I guess it's possible, but most people I talked to never had any problems.

-R.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Originally posted by rjd75@Oct 24 2005, 10:41 AM
From what I heard when investigating this.. The slp will shake the hell out of your handle bars.. That's why I went with the snow tek.. I have it in a box here on my desk ready to install.. As far as the bracket breaking I guess it's possible, but most people I talked to never had any problems.

-R.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=951152
[/quote]

Well I have both and I have never felt this shaking. SLP far better, throw that Sno Tek in the garbage and buy a real torque strap.And while your at it get some rear springs for your FAT ASS !!!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

·
Registered
309 Posts
Ouch! That would appear to come across as harsh for those who don't realize that we know each other! :no_bashing:

Let's jump on the scale next time your up here and we'll see who has the fat ass! :smiley-faces7:

-R.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
FAT ASS!!!??? :boxing: So the slp one doesn't send vibes. through the sled? or does it. By the looks of the sno tek, I don't see why it broke, was the pinch bolt tight? :dunno: Where are they being mounted on the 04 900's? The ones I used before all went from engine to bearing support for jack shaft.

·
Registered
635 Posts
All the bolts were tight.Had to really look to see that it was broken.Nice clean break.I'm going to weld it up and try it again.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
does anyone have any experience with the black magic torque arm..........it's for the pto side............didn't know if it was similar to the slp.............

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
I have never heard of a Sno-tek torque arm breaking. Their quality is awesome. Don't weld it. Give Bill at Sno-tek a call. He will replace the part for free. I'm sure he would be interested in seeing the broken part also. ZR8RIDER

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Originally posted by extsp2@Oct 24 2005, 06:05 PM
does anyone have any experience with the black magic torque arm..........it's for the pto side............didn't know if it was similar to the slp.............
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=952278
[/quote]

If its the purple one, I got that one, and now have to have a lil welding done because of the way its drilled into a support and its ripping its way out of that suport. :augen41:

Gonna make-up a lil bracket and beef it up. :doh:

G

·
Broken Torque Link user:
If you contact me, I will replace the broken piece. It broke because of vibration. The engine does not have enough torque to break the bracket. We've sold over 1500 of these with very few problems.

Bill Bassett Sno-Tek Components 401-539-7305

·
Registered
635 Posts
Originally posted by jagwillie@Nov 6 2005, 05:16 PM
Broken Torque Link user:
If you contact me, I will replace the broken piece. It broke because of vibration. The engine does not have enough torque to break the bracket. We've sold over 1500 of these with very few problems.

Bill Bassett  Sno-Tek Components  401-539-7305
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=985700
[/quote]
I talked with Bill at Sno-Tek yesterday a.m.,he took the time to explain the reason for the failed part.He also shipped out a new bracket assembly which I just recieved this a.m.This is a company that backs their product and gave me GREAT customer service.Thanks again Bill.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Where do you get the sno tek ones, and price? :popcorn: :popcorn:

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
ZRT,
sno-tek is an advertiser on this site. Or go back one page and call Bill directly at the number provided. I think the torque links are about $70, but I'm not sur
Tomcat,
What was the reason for the part breaking? Vibration from a motor problem??
Just wondering

·
Registered
635 Posts
ZR8Rider,I was told vibration/harmonics from the big twin.No motor problems.Snowing outside right now!I'm hoping for just a couple of inches on the field.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thanks I will do that, I didn't know if he sold them direct or not. Sounds like the way to go. :banana:

·
Premium Member
12,762 Posts
The Sno Tek arm on both my '02 ZR-800's has worked exactly as promised. Bill is a guy that truly knows the meaning of after sales support. I'd never hesitate to buy from him again.

Rick
:div20:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts