Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will the wordens really care up in the rangley area if i have a sno stuff rumble pack? has anyone ever got fined or pulled over for having one? thanks

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
I disagree...when i had my 98 zr went through two different warden checks on 16 and had a can on both times, not a word was ever said about it. On my 02, i had another can, and again i havent been told a thing about it...and the rumble pack i believe is pretty quiet until after about 6500 rpms.

No can on the F6 so dont even have to think about it anymore.

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
wardens are not pricks. If you behave you have nothing to worry about.
If you modify the exhaust from stock they will ticket you.
If you let the local club use your land for their trail and had to listen to loud pipes I wouldn't keep it open for long.
Loud pipes close trails.

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Last year I had my mbrp can and my green light covers on my sled,

wardens stopped me at stratton and checked my registration numbers, and one of them even gave me a thumbs up....

Now im not stupid like some people are with a can, and since this was in the town area of stratton(right after you go over the bridge towards the gas station), ofcourse I was not going anywheres near regular speeds or giving it any throttle what so ever....

This year i took off the can, and sold it...I see no use in it for riding trails what so ever.....

Maybe it makes some people feel like they have a bad ass sled?

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
Originally posted by FastFirecat@Oct 20 2005, 10:13 AM
Last year I had my mbrp can and my green light covers on my sled,

wardens stopped me at stratton and checked my registration numbers, and one of them even gave me a thumbs up....
Now im not stupid like some people are with a can, and since this was in the town area of stratton(right after you go over the bridge towards the gas station), ofcourse I was not going anywheres near regular speeds or giving it any throttle what so ever....
This year i took off the can, and sold it...I see no use in it for riding trails what so ever.....
Maybe it makes some people feel like they have a bad ass sled?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=942707
[/quote]

It adds ZERO horsepower just higher DB's

·
Registered
715 Posts
hey 2003f5 did you still want that sno stuff rumble pack, we were going to get for you. Our initial order got messed up and they never sent it but I can order it for you still....

Sorry this is not in a PM but he is not set up to recieve them...

Thanks

Ralph

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
fastfirecat- i know where your talking about in stratton...i just went 4 wheeling and went over that bridge a couple weeks ago.

ralph- i had asked dave if he could see how much they were for me...i never really asked him to order one for me. Mabey you didnt get it because dave never actully ordered it, he might have just checked the price or something. Im not sure if i want it yet, but if i decide to buy it, ill order it through you guys. thanks man.

·
Registered
709 Posts
The wardens here are more concerned with catching people riding on the roads & riding out of control on the town trails, especially on a crowded saturday. Last year, a buddy of mine was riding my XC with ants in his pants and passed about 10 sleds between Rte 16 & Rangeley Inn. I knew the warden might be there so I hung back. Sure enough, the warden was right there giving a ticket to someone that was riding on that road that the trail runs next to. This person aslo claimed he owned the road, but he was ticketed any way. The warden told him that if he did own the road, then stop complaining that people ride up and down the road and he won't wast his time ticketing them anymore. It is a double standard I guess. He let my friend go, but warned him the next time he would have the sled impounded. One thing you can be sure of, if you give any of the wardens here any lip, you will get a ticket. He said he has the authority to impound a sled if he feels the operator will continue to drive "like an a**hole". in his words. Any can or pipes will definately attract their attention if you are heavy on the throttle on the town tails. I've only seen them at intersections, if you know where the intersections are, lighten up on the throttle, if the see you coming at a good clip, they will want you to stop, regardless of how quiet your sled is. They don't ride sleds off duty, so they perceive anything above 45 mph as too fast. I run my brothers Vmax 700 with tripple pipes to the lake every know and then. The packing is blown out of the baffles, I have gone by them and they have not pulled me over. I don't tap the throttle or screw around untill I get to the lake....

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
i was going to eustis from the forks and a warden stopped me when i had my SLP can. It rumbled at low speeds to make you think it would be real loud if you opened it up, but the warden saw my temporary and gave me the thumbs up! So, no you usually dont get in trouble for loud cans....usually

1 - 12 of 12 Posts