Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
me and my brothers where thinking of getting sno pros, so i was wondering what i should be looking out for, and stuff like that. we ride trails on weekends, and hit the jumps during the week, so we thought maybe get a sled made for it. who knows maybe we`ll get into some sno-x races or something!!
i haven`t seen many people here with sno pros, so i am wondering if you know of a site that i could talk with other sno pro owners.

btw, i`m looking at either a d&d 720 or speedwerx 730 in a 02 chassis. brothers want a 01-02 zr 440, and a 00-02 z 440

S

·
0 Posts
Nice rear suspension. Very adjustable

Kinda pushy in the corners. Good set of skis will take care of that. I use USI Project X skis and don't have any problems.

Light weight. If you got mad at the sled, you could pick it up and throw it in the woods.

If you plan on trail riding with the 720 or 730, it would be wise to invest into a Firecat rear heat exchanger (P/N 2706-146 ) It will directly replace that little thing called a cooler that is there now. You have to figure the cooling system on a SnoPro 440 is only designed to cool a 440 cc engine, that is only getting used in short bursts. I've had to do this with mine.

Overall, nice sled

·
Registered
59 Posts
If you are interested in a 2001 Sno Pro, I have one for sale. Less than 500 miles. Let me know if you are interested.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya...we`d need to get rid of the ones we have now.

i was first wondering what they`re like, to see if its worth it. but we are pretty hyped on them right now. was looking at a sledcity, and noticed there are a couple out around ohio, indiana. maybe we`ll take a trip during the summer or something.

am considering selling my 2001 zr 600 right now so i can get a vehicle. would sell it for no less then $6ooo with all the stuff its got in it. but i could take some stuff off, and the price would go down, lowest would be around $5ooo. if anyone wants to know more or anything just say it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
It is a ZR 440, and I am from Canada so you get could a really good deal using American money. I could meet you at the border.

·
Registered
863 Posts
I have owned both Z and ZR 440 sno pros and i loved them both, one of my first sleds was a zr sp. and i loved it, i would recomend it if you are going to be jumping a lot and doing crazy shit...they are a little pushy and are weather picky, but you can overcome that!

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i was just wondering.......does a 720 run on 110 race fuel only? what about a 440l/c and a 440 f/c what do they run on? if they only run on 110 octane, i would prolly want to get lower compression heads. but will the lower compression make it loose power?

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
720's I'm preaty sure have can be run on pump or race gas, depending on the heads. The 03 440 sno pro runs on 110 octane only (heard you can run 92 if you jet up and turn timing to -3. I also heard there are low compression heads for it). All the Z sno pros run on 92 octane gas. 02 ZR sno pros and earlier run on 92 octane. I don't find that my 02 ZR 440 sno pro is picky about the weather. I run 300 mains at 1100 ft without a problem.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i would like to run 87, since it is usually cheaper. also a lot of people are saying that when you get up in the sticks, 87 is the freshest gas, because more people use 87 then 92.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The 03 Chassis is way better, a arms are wider and the breaks are under the hood. 02s smoke the breaks up Fast on the trails.
And if you ever put breaks in a 02 ? :angry: it Sucks.

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
And if you ever put breaks in a 02 ? mad.gif it Sucks.[/b]
I can vouch for that. haha. Those damn things are hard to get in. Need to take the rear suspension out and use a breaker bar to pry the pistons open. Doing all this while laying on your back under a sled with brake fluid all over. In the end it can be done though :)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Username "ICE" has a 02 730 speedwerx in a 440 chassis for sale...I almost bought it but I called speedwerx and they told me I can't hook oil injection up and it won't run as good on pump gas.

If you ride out of your house and don't mind this look at his sled..its nice and clean w/ 4.1 hours on it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have an 02 snopro stock and an 01 with a d and d 720 that runs on pump gas. My impressions are this. The power and suspension of the 01 is the greatest. Handling and weight of 02 is also very nice. Lately when I ride around home, I take the 02. and when I go on a longer haul the 720. Never even touch my zr 800 anymore. The only thing I do not like about the 02 is that it is STIFF. and I mean stiff. The 01 is much softer yet takes the big bumps like they are not there. cross link is a pain in the rump. but great if rebuilt often.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I gotta 2000 Sno-Pro, and a 2003 Sno-Pro for sale, I have 2 new ones coming in October, they are both really good sleds. I guess I dont know how new of ones you are looking at buying. $2500 for the 2000 Sno-Pro and $4500 for the 2003 Sno-Pro. Email me at [email protected] if you are interested, or want pictures I have a few of each

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2003 ZR 440 SNOPRO for sale at $5,000.00 USD Its in excellent shape and race ready.If interested, email me at [email protected]. I am in Central New York, 800-272-7122 X:128. Will deliver within 200 miles

1 - 20 of 21 Posts