Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I may be too picky, but my sno-pro chrome windshield is a f-ed up! :angry: I noticed it today and I only have 150 miles on the damn thing! Somehow, many little bubbles have formed on the chrome, but under the coating, so there is nothing I can do. Has anybody else experienced this? It is now an eye sore to look at, and it covers the entire windshield. I have no idea what cause this, and I wonder if my AC dealer will do anything about it?

Nick

·
Registered
244 Posts
mine is still fine but thats a defect so it should be covered under warranty. by the way, mines a F7 sabercat, no problems!!

·
Registered
575 Posts
Maybe you forgot to take off the protective plastic coating ha ha... Just jokin with ya ^_^

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think it may be from my windshield bag holding moisture or something. I read the manual, and it clearly states that the windshield is not covered under warranty. I will have to see what my dealer says. They will probably say. Nope, sorry, your out of luck! :(

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Originally posted by Nick@Feb 16 2003, 03:31 PM
Ok, I may be too picky, but my sno-pro chrome windshield is a f-ed up! :angry: I noticed it today and I only have 150 miles on the damn thing! Somehow, many little bubbles have formed on the chrome, but under the coating, so there is nothing I can do. Has anybody else experienced this? It is now an eye sore to look at, and it covers the entire windshield. I have no idea what cause this, and I wonder if my AC dealer will do anything about it?

Nick
Nick,

Could you post pic??
-John

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I tried taking a pic, but because of the chrome windshield, you couldn't see crap in the picture. I tried it with no flash, and the same thing was true. Maybe I can describe it a little better. Have you ever seen a crappy paint job on a car and after a month or so, you see bubbles in the paint that you could pop with a pin? Well, that is what it looks like, but the bubbles are much smaller, and they are under the coating of the windshield, but raised on the chrome. I hope that helps. :)

·
Registered
341 Posts
Yeah right! Are you seriously trying to get a new windshield on warranty? I'd be lucky if I got my blown engine replaced on warranty!

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Originally posted by kungfutu@Feb 17 2003, 09:32 AM
Yeah right! Are you seriously trying to get a new windshield on warranty? I'd be lucky if I got my blown engine replaced on warranty!
wait till you hear what he tells ya! :lol:

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow! I can honestly say I am extremely happy with my response about my windshield problem. I was going to go back to my dealer and tell them, but I got a direct response from the manufacturer itself. Here is the response I received:

Nick,

I saw your recent post on Hardcore Sledder. We are the manufacturer of the F7 chrome windshields, and we will unconditionally stand behind any problems. If you will email me your address, I will send you a new windshield immediately. I will also send a call tag which will allow you to drop your problem shield in the same box and ship it back to me at no charge.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. For what it is worth, it's the first problem that we have heard of.

Best regards,

Chris Carlson, President
Sportech, Inc.

Thanks Chris! Sportech is one honest company and I will be 100% certain that I purchase, and friends purchase, all my future windshields from Sportech!
Once again, THANKS!

·
Registered
32 Posts
The windshield bag's adhesive velcro pulled the chrome off of my windshield, but I am not going to do anything about it because I put my registration, trail permit, and a bunch of other stickers on it already.

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think Sportech makes all the windshields for AC, that is why he contacted me. Chrome or no chrome, I think they make them all and just take off their logo from the windshield.

Nick

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think they are doing a fine job. I mean, come on, thye company would go broke if they did what everyone on this forum wanted them to do.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts