Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there really a diffence of this much in weight between the two suspesnions? ZR 900 495 lbs. ZR 900 SP 516 lbs What the heck?
I know the SP has clickers, but i dont think they weigh that much more?

·
Registered
863 Posts
Christ you would almost think that the SP would be liter, but why is it that much heavyer, I guess I didnt realize there was that much of a difference.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Consider the weight of four shock reservoirs and hoses (all filled with oil) plus the mounting hardware. Then add the extra weight of the deeper lug track found on the Sno-Pro editions.

·
Registered
694 Posts
sno pro if you do mostly trail riding, standard if you do a lot of lake racing. quite a difference in top speed

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Originally posted by zr789@Mar 14 2003, 06:13 PM
sno pro if you do mostly trail riding, standard if you do a lot of lake racing. quite a difference in top speed
Difference because of the track lugs on the Sno-Pro?

What is the difference in MPH???
B)

·
Registered
694 Posts
Sandbagger, more drag with the big lug track( more rotating mass). 2 plus mph on top end depending on conditions and length of run

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
I would say for all around trailriding and occasionally hopping on the lake the larger lug tack would be the choice..........Agree?
B) B) B)

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks guys, i'm not gettin a 900. Little to big for me :rolleyes: I have a friends who might be getting one. And he was wondering about the weight and stuff because it was so much more on SP. So i brought the topic on here. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
863 Posts
it isnt to big for you. just because its a big sled doesnt mean that you have to use it all. but its nice to know that its there if you want to use it, like out on the lake, or a nice long field.

·
Registered
79 Posts
You guys are telling me that for trail riding that the sno-pro package is the way to go? I've heard by many people that the sno-pro package is to stiff for regular trail riding. Please give me some info on this because I'm not sure whether to order the standard or sno-pro package. I'm 165 lbs. and ride aggresive trail.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the standard suspended zr900 with the spring preload turned up on the front track shock and ski shocks, rear torsion set at medium and love the ride. (weigh 165 also). We ride fairly aggressively around 50+ mph trail speeds with pro-x's and the like.

The only thing I might change is the ski shock springs as they are turned almost to max
preload.

I have ridden mostly polaris for last 15yrs and would rate the std zr between the xc and the pro-x bump capability. When it gets to its limits the front arm of the rear susp bottoms first. Overall, I am very pleased with the sled.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts