Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is the sno pro a very stiff ride and is their any way to soften ride? the standard , is it to soft or what? i do not want to purchase one that i can not get a plush ride on as well as hit the big ones and bottom out each time. can any one help? i can get a very good deal on a sno pro and dont want to be stuck with a stiff ride all the time.
thanks

·
Registered
203 Posts
It all depends on how big a guy you are, your riding stlye, etc.

I bought an F7 Snopro. I was used to riding a ZR. This Firecat rides different then a ZR. Much different. The Firecat I believe can be a dangerous machine if it's not setup properly.

If you buy the Snopro follow Rob's setup advice. Log some miles and you'll fall in love with it. This machine is made for ditchbangin. I wouldn't call it a trail machine. If you want a trail machine, buy a ZL. But if you want a very quick machine that's made for jumping buy the Firecat Snopro! You won't be sorry!

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
I do not find the ride to be all that stiff on the snopro but then again I am 255lbs. I have also yet to bottom the sled out and have hit my share of the large bumps to get plenty of air between snow and sled. Suspension is very adjustable. It is not plush like a ZL, it has a ride that is tunable to the rider and responds to what the rider is doing. Rode a std suspension F7 and for me that was a little bit to soft. I think it is easier to make a hard ride soft than a soft ride hard.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Get the SnoPro, don't even think about it! It rides fine, if you want to feel and look like a boy racer, then you're going to feel like a boy racer. Get it?? Anyway, it's not harsh. The track makes up for what you lose in ride comfort. Got to have that track! Believe me!

·
Premium Member
4,428 Posts
Get the snopro.
My standard seems if you set it up to suspend properly, you create handling problems. Get the front shocks to ride the way i like and changes the steering. The front skid shock seems to bottom on anything that is hit. Not real happy with that aspect of the sled.
It will take some more fiddling but i will get it closer.
Besides, when i stop and change settings, that give everyone else in the group to catch up. :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts