Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to upgrade my std suspension to the sno-pro suspension... as economically as possible.

I can't afford to buy new.

I called a few salvage places and they really don't have anything, they don't know the history of the machines the shocks came off of and have not been very much help.

Does anybody have a set of shocks to sell or know where I can get a set.

I was going to do the rear suspension first, then the front...as money permits.

I would consider trading for my shocks. My sled has 86 miles on it, so my shocks are still like new.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,702 Posts
its up to you, but if money is an issue you may want to send your shocks to someone and have them revalved similar to the Sno-pro shocks. The only thing you won't have is the resi's.
Thats what I did :div20:

·
Premium Member
5,950 Posts
If your on a budget you should have your shocks revalved, like the other posts said. That alone will make a huge difference.

·
Registered
5,676 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
I converted my 03 f7, bought Sno Pro springs front/rear. Sent shocks to Looneytune. Had rebuilt with heavier weight oil........ :cn:

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I was thinking about re-valving exatly to sno-pro specs but I noticed the pistons in all the shocks have a different size bypass hole. Anybody else notice that? How much difference would the different hole make? Would it be worth buying the pistons if I did want sno-pro specs?

·
Registered
535 Posts
Originally posted by gdouglas8@Sep 9 2005, 06:47 AM
I'm trying to upgrade my std suspension to the sno-pro suspension... as economically as possible.

I can't afford to buy new.

I called a few salvage places and they really don't have anything, they don't know the history of the machines the shocks came off of and have not been very much help.

Does anybody have a set of shocks to sell or know where I can get a set.

I was going to do the rear suspension first, then the front...as money permits.

I would consider trading for my shocks. My sled has 86 miles on it, so my shocks are still like new.

Any assistance would be appreciated.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=866980
[/quote]
I have a set of sno pro shocks off an 04,$300

Denny

·
Premium Member
2,693 Posts
You could add reservoirs to your shocks, if you had to. Above deal looks good also. I can revalve to SP specs if you need to.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
limiter straps are different lengths on the front arm, at least thast what the '05 standard VS a '03 sno pro is that are laying on my garage floor. also no spot to mount the resivor on the front arm on a standard.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts