Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2014 XF800 137
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Moving the front skid shock back one hole on the rails, will this give a better ride and more ski pressure?

I know Rob has tried this, but I don't remember his response on ski pressure.

My goal is to soften the ride on this beast, in turn gaining ski pressure.

Your responses would be appreciated. Thanks Les....

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
I tried it,I weigh 175 on a F5sp.Too soft and bottomed often.Tighten your limiter strap to the middle hole,that'll help with ski pressure.

·
Registered
143 Posts
When it bottomed did you tighten the spring blocks?

Fast 600 - let us know how it rides.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
go faster! jk- though they do smooth out considerably at speed.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Is there anything other than fast??????? Untill you get stuck behind a slower group. Still love the sled!!!! :wub:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Moving the front shock back helps a ton with ski pressure, makes it better than a ZR. The trade off is that it makes the entire rear suspension softer, and the holeshot suffers, but these trade offs are slight, and well worth it in my opinion.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Do you guys just ride straight trails? Fast is great but sometimes not possible because of visibility through the turns.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by Jesse314@Feb 7 2003, 09:35 AM
Moving the front shock back helps a ton with ski pressure, makes it better than a ZR. The trade off is that it makes the entire rear suspension softer, and the holeshot suffers, but these trade offs are slight, and well worth it in my opinion.
I tried this, and it is not a good idea..

First of all, you need to put the limiter strap in the middle position or tighter, or else the shock will be limiting the travel of the front arm, (not a good idea for shock life).

Also, it makes the suspension WAY too soft, even for an old fart like me. Bottoms big time.
There are better ways to get the setup right.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts