Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
HCS We're Watching You !!
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting a new snowmobile helmet and i would like to get the sno cross style helmet with the goggles, i really like the looks of them but i just dont know if i will be warm. It seems like i'd freeze my face off when it got real cold.. what do ya'll think ?

·
Registered
786 Posts
well do you still have a decent full face? if you do just where that when its to cold to where the sno-cross one. I had the same problem

·
Registered
927 Posts
everyone that has sno cross helmets say they are way warmer, get a no fog face mask and your breath keeps you warm. i just got a snocross helmet also, they look cool.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I went to the sno-x style about 7yr's ago and have never found a reason to go back , if you set it up right you will be plenty warm , you can see better don't fog and can just change goggles to change tints , it's worked so well for me I haven't even had any desire to try any of the modulars

·
Registered
82 Posts
i rode w/ a sno-x setup last year, and i will never switch back to full face. as long as you have the breath deflector insert, you will never have a problem. i rode in negative temperatures, and my goggles never fogged up, and my face never got cold.

I used an hjc cl-x4 effect with oakley o-frames with the winter double lense (a must) and hjc breath deflector insert.

[attachment=90083:attachment]

Attachments

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
nice lookin set up ya got there... the next helmet i get will prolly be open but just bught one last yr so gotta get my money outta that first

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
i wear a fog evader face mask with sno cross helmet and goggles never had to worry about freezing my face or the goggles fogging up like a helmet without heat sheild.

lets go winter anyone want to race :div20: :celebrating:

·
Registered
588 Posts
Originally posted by KFXRYDER400@Aug 28 2005, 04:26 PM
i rode w/ a sno-x setup last year, and i will never switch back to full face. as long as you have the breath deflector insert, you will never have a problem. i rode in negative temperatures, and my goggles never fogged up, and my face never got cold.

I used an hjc cl-x4 effect with oakley o-frames with the winter double lense (a must) and hjc breath deflector insert.

[attachment=90083:attachment]
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=850958
[/quote]

Do you wear glasses?? I wear them. I always wanted a Sno-X type helmet but didn't know if the goggles would fog or my glasses would fog. Maybe I'll try one.

Let me know

·
Registered
82 Posts
Originally posted by polarisboy@Aug 28 2005, 09:19 PM
Do you wear glasses?? I wear them. I always wanted a Sno-X type helmet but didn't know if the goggles would fog or my  glasses would fog. Maybe I'll try one.

Let me know
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=851267
[/quote]

no, i don't wear glasses, but i don't think it would be a problem. my friend wears them on occasion if he doesn't feel like wearing his contacts. i'll ask him tomorrow if he's even worn them under his helmet and if he's ever had a problem.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Scott makes a goggle that will fit over your glasses. There are two guys that ride with me that use it and they don't fog up. I have been riding with the Snow X style for 4 years and I NEVER got cold. They weigh less than most all full face.

·
Registered
281 Posts
sno x helmets kick ass, there are actually goggles that have snap off color lenses, they also kick ass, much lighter, much nicer feel. go with it....

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Originally posted by polarisboy@Aug 28 2005, 09:19 PM
Do you wear glasses?? I wear them. I always wanted a Sno-X type helmet but didn't know if the goggles would fog or my  glasses would fog. Maybe I'll try one.

Let me know
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=851267
[/quote]

You may want to check out www.pro-vue.com They make goggles with built in prescription lenses. Perfect for those who wear glasses. They also have snap lenses with different tints for different lighting. I have a set (non prescription) and I really like them.

Mike

edit: man I can't spell for S#$T

·
Registered
70 Posts
I went with Open face last year twords the end, How do you guys wear your goggles? over or under the breath deflecter?? what about high speed does it seem like after 70 or so you have to keep your chin down to avoid lift on the helmet??
just wondered if I was doing it right or wrong

·
Registered
242 Posts
Im curious myself about those helmets, i'm used to a full face with my crotch rocket but the look of the sno-x looks so much cooler and all the guys in the videos wear them, i just don't want to be the only retard walking around like a tool with a red frost burn ring around my face where the goggles didn't protect.

:flush:

·
Registered
397 Posts
This is helping me along here. I too have been thinking of going the X route. But now that I have seen the Crosstec's, I may go with that. What do you think of the as a comparison. Which one?

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
All i wear is a open MX helmet, I wear glasses, and have the ProVue lenses, and they are great but you can still fog the goggles if your deflector isnt in good shape or the face foam or the breather foam on the goggles id wore, it will let in micro particles of snow dust. so best bet is on powdery days use some tape to close the vents off , this will help.

Dont even bother with the glasses they will fog underneath 80 percent of the time .it can be very frustrating.

I tried the Ski doo modular but it fit retarded and the snaps sucked at times. so contacts for me (or lasik is a option) .

No problems since other than a dry eye from the wind. but a few blinks will clear it up.

Biggest down fall is noise , you get a lot of wind noise so your ears may ring at time when you stop, ear plugs help. and also have a bigger blind spot (loss of pereperial vision).

1 - 20 of 33 Posts