Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
me and a couple buddies are going this saturday.....anyone else goin???

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
http://www.brainerdraceway.com/index.html

BIR to host snocross snowmobile racing (From Ely Echo)

Spectators will be treated to a snowmobile racing doubleheader at this weekend's World PowerSports Association regional snocross at Brainerd International Raceway.
Poor winter conditions led to the postponement of last weekend's WPSA event at the Park X track in Hill City. Qualifying had started for that program, which attracted top races as an X Games qualifier, but racing was stopped after steady rain hindered conditions.

That program will be completed Saturday morning before the regional qualifying begins.

"We will start racing an hour earlier (8 a.m.) on Saturday," said Joni Ebert, a co-chair for the snocross event at BIR. "The (Park X) finals will be completed around 1 p.m. on Saturday. We will then start the qualifying for the regional race. We probably won't be done with racing until close to 9 p.m."

Light towers have been installed around the BIR snocross track to accommodate the night racing. Workers have been busy making snow with the snow guns and a groomer that BIR recently bought. The new snowmaking equipment has produced snow piles as high as 25 feet. New bleacher seating also has been installed.

"The snow conditions are unbelievable," Ebert said Tuesday. "The course is in great shape."

The condition of the BIR course is important since more racers are expected to compete with the doubleheader - possibly close to 500 entries.

Area racers scheduled to participate are Kylie and Brett Abrahamson of Merrifield; Dan Ebert of Pequot Lakes; Cody Thomson and Colton Sturm of Nisswa; Nate Moritz of Emily; Brandon, Robert and Christina Herheim and Janae Johnson of Hackensack; Levi Lavallee of Longville; and Nate Hemsworth of Remer.

Joni Ebert added that last year's snocross attendance was admirable for a first-time event at BIR, with "more spectators than most other regional races" in Minnesota.

And this weekend's program should be an even larger draw since it's the only snocross race on the WPSA schedule. Last year, the BIR event was the same weekend as the Winter X Games.

Must be free :banghead:

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
$10 per day for adults a little less for kids and children under 6 free...gonna try and make it sunday since it is only 10 minutes down the road from me :beerchug:

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
And If U do Miss going it will be on TV-

The event, which will feature Pro Stock and Pro Open finals on both Saturday and Sunday, will also feature qualifying Friday, and a full Amateur and Pro-Am show during the weekend. Saturday's race will be telecast on SPEED on Feb. 3 at 2 p.m. EST, and will re-air on Feb. 7 at 3 a.m. Sunday's event will be telecast on Feb. 7 at noon EST, followed by the re-air Feb. 15 at 2 p.m.

"Brainerd International Raceway has hosted many notable national racing series during its nearly 40 years of operation, including World Sports Cars, Trans-Am, NHRA drag racing and many others," said PowerSports Entertainment, Inc. CEO Rick Murphy. "We're thrilled to add the PowerSports Snowmobile Tour's National Snocross moniker to that list. We've run many successful and exciting regional races here, and we're looking forward to bringing our brand of National Snocross racing to Brainerd."

"Brainerd has long been a vacation destination for snowmobile enthusiasts from all over Minnesota and the surrounding states," said Scott O'Malley, president of PowerSports Entertainment, Inc. "Our snowmaking crews are working double time to get the track prepared and we're looking forward to an exciting and competitive race weekend."

The Polaris BIR Championship kicks off Friday, Jan. 12 at 9 a.m. CST with qualifying. Racing gets underway Saturday, with both Pro finals running at 10:30 a.m. and noon. Sunday will feature the Pro finals at 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. A full race weekend schedule can be downloaded in PDF format at www.PowerSportsTour.com.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just got back from the race today...and holy shit it was cold...i didnt think it was gunna be that cold so i just grabbed the coat and went. it was nice to finally c some snow though....

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
my buddy from school is racing there.

nathaniel baer, #888 i think is his number still.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
my buddy from school is racing there.

nathaniel baer, #888 i think is his number still.[/b]

i remember that number.

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
just got back from the race today...and holy shit it was cold...i didnt think it was gunna be that cold so i just grabbed the coat and went. it was nice to finally c some snow though....[/b]
it was cold today too and windy...fun to watch though :beerchug: I still prefer the hill x at ski gull in march as my more favorite because they run more powerful sleds and get ahelluva lot more air on the jumps but this race was neat..

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
And If U do Miss going it will be on TV-

The event, which will feature Pro Stock and Pro Open finals on both Saturday and Sunday, will also feature qualifying Friday, and a full Amateur and Pro-Am show during the weekend. Saturday's race will be telecast on SPEED on Feb. 3 at 2 p.m. EST, and will re-air on Feb. 7 at 3 a.m. Sunday's event will be telecast on Feb. 7 at noon EST, followed by the re-air Feb. 15 at 2 p.m.[/b]
That would be next weekend's race that will be on SPEED- Canterbury has been postponed, so Poo will be the sponsor since their race in MI was canceled a couple weeks ago.

it was cold today too and windy...fun to watch though :beerchug: I still prefer the hill x at ski gull in march as my more favorite because they run more powerful sleds and get ahelluva lot more air on the jumps but this race was neat..[/b]
:beerchug: for Hill-X. Word is BIR is going to bring in 7 more snow guns this week and mow down those nice oak trees on the backside of the existing track to build a Nat'l-quality track for next weekend. Oh yeah, it's $25 to get in next Sat and Sun- hopefully it will be worth it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts